i street diggin- Mtbr.com

Thread: i street diggin

biking is fun

i street diggin

were going to i street tonight to do some diggin.
    we are probably going to clear out some landings down where the ladder ramps are. we are making a big one that will gap the singletrack and a bank after that will dump you into the lower two ramps.

today we would like to make the landing and the bank on the side of the hill. if anyone wants to come out and help then feel free.

when we are done we would like to have a ladder line that extends up the hill and have alot of drops to dirt landings.

we will be there around 530 so come join us for some muddy fun

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Didn't even see this post until now. I ended up taking the night off last night. Hoping to get out to I Street on Friday for a while.

Did you guys get anything built?

biking is fun
    yeah go check out where the ladder bridges are down in the gully. we built the landing (which is huge!!) then a big bank 20 feet after it that is as big or bigger then the ones on bobsled. then right as you come out of it you need to absorbe a bump and it shoots you right into a banked s turn. the last curve on the s turn puts you right back on the trail just above that dinky box so your right in line for the first of the ladder drops.

we are going to build the run in today and the ladder bridge this weekend.
    it will be 15 feet long and about 5 feet tall and two feet wide. the gap will be somewhere between 13 to 15 feet and the landing is about 3 feet tall 4 to 5 feet wide and 15 to twenty feet long. the landing is built on a natural slope. we just built it up higher.

were also going to take the teter toter up from the top and put it up higher in the line and dig it in so it is a little more stable. if anyone sees this and is opposed to it let us know. it will be used better where we will have. when you see what we have done so far im sure you will like it.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Sounds awesome man. I might try to get out there and help a bit. The big ladder to big gap sounds fun.

biking is fun
    hopefully it will, that would be cool if you could come help. we want some ideas on how big to make the gap. we want it to be big enough to be fun but not so bit that its hard to clear. you wouldn't want to case this or over shoot it. there is plenty of room to land but if you cleared the whole landing you would land as your hitting the giant berm.

so if you or anyone wants to come help tonight it would be awesome. im thinking it will only take an hour or two at most if we get some help. it moves pretty fast with the soil being wet.

like i said we want to get the run in built and maybe the teeter toter in place. it would be great to have some input on the size of the ladder so we can build it this weekend. we are going to pre make it at my friends house and then haul it down instead of trying to build it down there without quality tools.

we will be there from 6 to atleast 8. ill probably bring my bike to try out the berm to s turn. it looks amazing. like a mini A-line

i just edited the time on this one due to a meeting at work
    Last edited by climbingbubba; 06-07-2007 at 02:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Where in the heck are you guys building this? Is this going where the old bridge drop was? Sounds way cool, but I have having a hard time figuring out in my head where you are doing this.

biking is fun
    ok i got called into a meeting so the new build time is 6 til 8.

if you are having a hard time finding it then go north of the main jump area. there are some ladders in a gully there. follow the jump lines in the main jump park to the right (not the line that goes into the gully with the step down to step up) when the jumps end (the old ladder drop should be on your right) then keep going on the singletrack (if you get to a split take the one that looks like it drops into a gully) follow it down and you will see our landing that we built. after that is two smaller ladder drops that were there previously.

be at the parking at 6 and we can take you down to see it

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    The new line looks good, I was up there today and tried to flow the line a bit, gonna be sweet.

biking is fun
    we built the ladder today. we are going to need help taking it down. it is big and sweet. ill let everyone know when we figure out which day. probably tues day

yelgatgab
    Jan 2004
    Nice work up there so far, that line definitely has some potential.

There used to be a ladder drop right after the big round berm on top of that rise at the far end of the jumps. It would be pretty nice to link something similar and the double after it into your line.

mtbr member
    I'd like to come and help if you need it, I just need to find time (!). To try and reduce my guilt, i do have a bunch of spare lumber i was hoping to use at i-street, moose hollow, or my backyard. If you have a use for old 2x4s and plywood, holla.

biking is fun
    for now we are good on lumbar. we already have the ladder built that is gaping the singletrack.
    we will need help tomorrow morning (tues) so if anyone can help then let us know. probably around 10.
    we will meet at the parking and we will need help carrying the ladder bridge and the legs. its is pretty nice and should last unless people tear it down. with that it is really heavy! if we could get two more people to help then it will be fast and you can have the benefit of helping us figure out the distance and you can be one of the first to hit it too. everything is built and ready in the line so we will through the bridge up and hit it a few times to get it perfect then we will probably play on it for a few hours.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nice work on this line bubba, the pics look sweet. Can't wait to hit it as I've been out of town a LOT lately.

bags, why are you posting random pics of me on the interweb? I do miss the ole ladder drop...

Members who have read this thread: 0