I Street & Bobsled- Mtbr.com
    Err
    Calm like a bomb

I Street & Bobsled

Will be out there with my shovel and cam, planning to work and ride. Prob late morning thru late afternoon. M & I'll be there. Blue/grey Nicolai and a Turner Highline... Love to meet some of the locals and work on the trails a bit. Should be nice for shaping after all this rain.

Feb 2004

I will help...

But alas I live there no longer, Im in the Denver area. I hope you get a nice turnout. Maybe you can smack the Mad Woman and her 4 legged shietters? OK just the dogs? You decide....

I am hoping we see some video footage as well.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Well a few people wandered by today, not a big deal, I did post this last minute. We worked for about 5 hours and reshaped the flow line to the left (that leads to the drop and step-up). The lips were all beat down and the berm was a bit in need as well.

Here's a couple pics and I have a bit of vid too. We were planning to get some helmet cam of Bobsled today but ran out of steam. Maybe later this week... Would be great if I could get someone to ride ahead of me to add perspective...

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Well a few people wandered by today, not a big deal, I did post this last minute. We worked for about 5 hours and reshaped the flow line to the left (that leads to the drop and step-up). The lips were all beat down and the berm was a bit in need as well.

Here's a couple pics and I have a bit of vid too. We were planning to get some helmet cam of Bobsled today but ran out of steam. Maybe later this week... Would be great if I could get someone to ride ahead of me to add perspective...
    I thought about getting out today, but the Cinco De Mayo margarita damage put a bit of a damper on the 6 De Mayo. Looks like the rain didn't leave it too mushy.

I've never hit anything at the I-street jumps. May need to get up there and earn my wings, or some stitches.

Probably be on Bobsled a couple times this week after 7. May swing by the jumps as well.

B
    Last edited by Bortis Yelltzen; 05-06-2007 at 10:47 PM.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    I thought about getting out today, but I the Cinco De Mayo margarita damage put a bit of a damper on the 6 De Mayo. Looks like the rain didn't leave it too mushy.

I've never hit anything at the I-street jumps. May need to get up there and earn my wings, or some stitches.

Probably be on Bobsled a couple times this week after 7. May swing by the jumps as well.

B
    hehe, yeah, we hung out last night eating mexican food and drinking Negra Modelo, not even consciously aware that it was cinco de mayo.

I'm all for helping build some lines that would be easier for peeps to learn on. Some smaller gaps, tables or whatever. I'll look for ya on Bobsled later this week...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Err,

Looks very nice!!! I was actually going to ride up there on Saturday and both my friends punked out on me. I should have gone anyways. Man, I really need to remember to check this board on like Friday night.

Anyway, table at the begining of the flow line looks good, and a lot bigger than last time I was up there. Where is the second picture taken from? All I can think of is it looks like you built up the jump right before the burn to the drop. Whatever it is, it looks fun.

Good work.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Y-Town
    Err,

Looks very nice!!! I was actually going to ride up there on Saturday and both my friends punked out on me. I should have gone anyways. Man, I really need to remember to check this board on like Friday night.

Anyway, table at the begining of the flow line looks good, and a lot bigger than last time I was up there. Where is the second picture taken from? All I can think of is it looks like you built up the jump right before the burn to the drop. Whatever it is, it looks fun.

Good work.
    Thnx...

The 2nd pic is the jump going into the berm. We built up the lip on the preceeding jump and then dug the landing out a little bit so that you go down the landing and into the ground slightly. This made it possible to carry a lot more speed so we built up the takeoff and landing of the jump into the berm. Now when you hit it you can rail the berm hard and carry a little more speed into the drop and step-up. It's not a dramatic change, just increases the flow a bit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sweet - That is exactly what that line needed. I can't wait to go try it out. I always would loose my speed right there riding with eight inches of travel which would in turn not allow me fully clear the step up. Sorry I was not able to make it up to help build.

Appreciate your work.

Homer's problem child
    I'm all for helping build some lines that would be easier for peeps to learn on. Some smaller gaps, tables or whatever....
    Yes please. I think there were 2 jumps there I "might" hit . I need to work my way up to what's there. I used to jump stuff similar to that when I was in school, but I've drifted away from it over the last 5-6 years. Next rain I'm down for building a beginner area off to the side and out of the way if no one minds.

B

mmm bacon

What I street needs

PUMP TRACK something that everyone can use I figure with 5 or so willing participants we could knock it out in 2 or 3 days.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    right on, next rain we'll dig some more.

I did a lot of digging on a pump track last fall, was a fun project, turned out very nice. Seems like there's room to put one up at I-Street

mmm bacon
    I was thinking about the flat above the jump line north of the water tank. It may be too exposed what do you think.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by 925hell
    I was thinking about the flat above the jump line north of the water tank. It may be too exposed what do you think.
    Possibly, but possilbly down in the trees a bit more where it won't dry out quite as fast. Even thought it's not as flat there, a liitle elevation change works well for a pump track. Build some nice rollers to get you up the hill, then a big o'l berm at the bottom to catch when you haul butt back down.

Homer's problem child
    Possibly, but possilbly down in the trees a bit more where it won't dry out quite as fast. Even thought it's not as flat there, a liitle elevation change works well for a pump track. Build some nice rollers to get you up the hill, then a big o'l berm at the bottom to catch when you haul butt back down.
    I like the pump track idea, because then we could pump up the jam, pump it up, pump it up.

B

Chumley for prez!
    The idea of a pump track sounds great. I don't have a lot of experience jumping, but I do know how to use a shovel. When do we start?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Glad to see the enthusiasm as building a pump track as it's a fair bit of work. Last one I did we had 30 yards of high compaction clay brought in along with 10 yards of crush and run so we didn't have to dig much at all. It was still a huge bit of work for over a couple days.

When planned right there can be some fun jump options to double over the rollers, etc so that it doesn't get boring as your skills grow. I think riding a pump track helped my riding ability as much as anything I've done.

Chumley for prez!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Yup, we took a sample plan from Leelikesbikes.com and tweaked it to suit our land.

biking is fun
    err

i agree with building an easier line in the higher doubles. i can hit all of the small stuff in the lower jump park and its getting a little boring. if you ever want someone to help build then i will be available quite often. my wife just got deployed to afghanistan for the entire summer so now i have alot of free time and no riding partner.
    i love to hit up the bobsled (especially with my new bottlerocket) and would be more than willing to keep up with you and film you.
    in other words i need something to do this summer so if you need help building or want someone to ride with pm me and ill pm back my number

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    err

i agree with building an easier line in the higher doubles. i can hit all of the small stuff in the lower jump park and its getting a little boring. if you ever want someone to help build then i will be available quite often. my wife just got deployed to afghanistan for the entire summer so now i have alot of free time and no riding partner.
    i love to hit up the bobsled (especially with my new bottlerocket) and would be more than willing to keep up with you and film you.
    in other words i need something to do this summer so if you need help building or want someone to ride with pm me and ill pm back my number
    Sounds like a plan. I sense a lot of digging this year....

A few of us are planning to shuttle Bobsled for a few runs on Sun afternoon, 3-5. You should join us.

biking is fun
    I would if it wasn't mothers day.. with my wife gone i have to be represent for both our families.. double duty.. two dinners..
    let me know next time you are going. i work at the new climbing gym in sandy by rei and i work random times but i only work 4 days a week and usually nights so i have alot of days free

im up for digging anytime. im new to the dirtjump building so you might have to show me a thing or two. i was thinking if it wouldn't piss people off we should change one of the three lines that go down the right (the two outside big ones and the really big middle one)
    the two ouside ones are the same size.
    we could make the left one into a good medium size double cause there is already a small one after it that no one hits.

Members who have read this thread: 0