I Street- Mtbr.com

Thread: I Street

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

I Street

we want to go ride I street, can anyone give me directions on how to get to it?

Thanks!!!!!!

biking is fun
    go to the avenues and turn north onto i street, follow it even when it bends to the west and then it will go north again and then it will bend east. you are now on 18th ave. follow it til you see a street on the north side of the road called hilltop. turn on it. you should immediately come to a parking lot. follow the trails that keep going left. it should take you around the water tower and then you are there. go explore cause there are alot of things there then what you see in the upper section.
    enjoy
    let me know if these directions worked.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    great thanks we will definately hit it up soon, if any of you that are doing things to improve the trail ie. jumps, burms, ect. and need help let us know, we have a couple of us that can help out if we can.

Thanks!!!!

biking is fun
    dang i wish you would of said that a couple of weeks ago. me and my friend spent a total of 20 hours each making a new line. check it out in the i street project pics thread in the utah forum.
    also if you guys are riding up there you should let me know. im always looking for people to ride with these days. especially ones who dirt jump. i could show you all the stuff up there too

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Ya we will let you know for sure, we are kind of new to the downhill/ jumping thing and could use some one with experience to ride with us and give us pointers, pm me your email address and I'll let you know when we are going to head over there, it should be this week some time.

biking is fun
    anyone want to ride i street tonight (tues july 3)? pm me if you want to

mtbr member
    Heading over there for a quick session after riding dry creek to bobsled. Maybe I'll see you there.

biking is fun
    cool, me, err and maybe jake0521 and his friend are heading up around 7 so maybe well see you

mtbr member
    Looks like I missed you guys - we left about then. I played around on your new line though and it was buttery smoothness - very nice. In fact I think that might just be the size of in-between stunts that my wife needs to take her from hitting the small doubles at the bottom of the area to the next level in between hitting larger stuff up top. Very good stunts. The teeter was on its side though. Not sure who left it that way but looks like it'd be a good addition. Too bad the new line is so thickly dusty already. It'd be cool to have a big firm berm wall-ride type thing after that ladder.

biking is fun
    yeah we rode from 7 til 9, it was pretty sandy so me and err kicked alot of dirt off to the side and hit it a bunch. then we went and played in the upper area and then we checked out the wickedly big line that starts close the fense by the church. that is sick.
    the ladder gap is a good transition for the small to big park. even better is if you take your wife to the park city jump park. it taught me a ton. you really have to learn to pump there.

hopefully we will get rain soon, if not i street will be a bunch of sand dunes

mtbr member
    Honestly - we helped dig a bit up in Park City but I think the jump line needs a bit of work on the flow. I think the I street lower section jumps flow better than the PC ones. The PC ones I find if you clear the first one then you have to brake check on the second and they just don't have that sweet double (or table) feel. Maybe it was the trannies - I had a hard time really pinpointing it but I think it needs to be sessioned while it's worked on up there. It seems we're always out of town riding when they do the work there. Did anyone hit that big line by the church? I'd like to see what kind of speed is needed to clean that thing. It is big.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Man, sorry we couldn't make it, next time you guys are planning on heading out there let me know again, we really want to check it out, and help with any possible changes/additions that get made.

biking is fun
    hey bigwave,
    maybe i did see you up there last night. was that you and your wife leaving last night around 7. i was sitting there on the tale gate of my white truck and i had a green bottlerocket in the back.
    if that was you then i met you a month ago when i was up with my friend andy.

biking is fun
    i was just up again this morning. it really needs to rain cause its getting too dusty. we will probably hit up park city jumps til i street gets rain.
    i am probably heading up to deer valley on sat if you want we could hook up for a few runs up there too.

mtbr member
    Yeah that was us. It was probably more than a month ago that we met you though as He's been out for a while with that broken collarbone. We might be down for some Deer Valley - we have a couple of passes but we were toying with the Idea of going somewhere less hot (like brianhead maybe??) for the weekend. If you or anyone are gam then let us know. We do have a couple of Deer Valley passes that we need to use though. AS for the dust pits - I was thinking that we need to just make Ladder lines at I street. full on ladder sections over the really dusty areas so the dust isn't such an issue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    some ladder lines would be sick we would be down for building some.

biking is fun
    does anyone want to ride some i street wed morning?
    if so let me know. i could ride as early as you can til 12.

Members who have read this thread: 0