I need help finding a place to live in Moab, UT- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

I need help finding a place to live in Moab, UT

Reaching out to any Moab locals on here. I am looking for a place to live starting in april through the end of october. I am working for canyon voyages adventure company. I don't need a ton of space, just a place to sleep and eat. When I am not rafting I will be out biking. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been checking the AD-vertister, but so far no luck. Thanks for your help!

Desert Seeker
    Other than the Advertiser, you could call Moab Property Management (Moab Utah Lodging & Condos | Moab, Utah | Moab Condo Rentals) and see if they have any suggestions. Did you ask your employer? They should be used to helping their employees get situated for seasonal work. There is a place off of Spanish Valley Drive (south of town) called Shilo House - they sometimes have single rooms available and it is pretty inexpensive.

More Chasmism
    Ditto glesoine's advice above. CV should have plenty of insight into this as hire seasonal guides yearly. When I first moved to Moab quite a while back, I rented a house through Moab Property Management. Good luck.

hfly

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I took a great rafting trip out of Moab with my family a few years ago. At the end of the trip, the guide joked that he had to rush home, then he pointed to the dilapidated school bus in the back of the place. Yes, he was living in the school bus with another guide.

You are pretty late in getting started looking for housing, and the Moab rental market is crazy, especially if you only want to stay for a few months. Good luck.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    I took a great rafting trip out of Moab with my family a few years ago. At the end of the trip, the guide joked that he had to rush home, then he pointed to the dilapidated school bus in the back of the place. Yes, he was living in the school bus with another guide.

You are pretty late in getting started looking for housing, and the Moab rental market is crazy, especially if you only want to stay for a few months. Good luck.
    Been there and done that, except it was a vw bus. Also had a nice cave to hang out in and a couple other camp spots. If you get enough work, there is no need for a house.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by YRG View Post
    ...there is no need for a house.
    Or money...
    Moab man embraces simple life living in cave - The Denver Post

mtbr member
    The Lazy Lizard Hostel in Moab, Utah

I stumbled on this a few weeks ago while booking some rooms for a group trip. I’ve stayed in Hostels before and find them to be very basic and somewhat more affordable. You always get to meet some very interesting “Characters”. Locals may have a few things to say about the place so I would definitely check with them.

Maybe Moab has some housing for seasonal workers. I have seen it in other resort communities and they always seem to fill up. Convert an old motel/hotel or hospital into small units. They could be subsidized by a hotel room tax. I hate taxes but this is one way to get it done and it meets for the needs of local business to serve the visitors that support Moab’s single largest industry.

pedlr
    I could help you get a place, but it would have to be for a year minimum. You might want to talk to Denise and Don about renting an apartment for their employees on a yearly basis, they might be interested. I have broached the subject with them briefly.
    PM me if interested.