How is the riding in Bryce, UT?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

How is the riding in Bryce, UT?

My wife and I will be in Bryce UT at Ruby's Inn for 2 days one night. The Ruby's Inn website has mountain biking as one of the activities. Rentals are available, but I cant seem to find much info on the trail options. Is the biking good? Is there good riding within an hour or so drive from Bryce?

We'll be in Kanab for a day or two also. Is there riding in the Kanab area?

Pardon all of my questions and thanks for any help or suggestions. I'll be in Las Vegas for a few days too. 8 days without riding while in Nevada and Utah would be tragic and a crime.

Jan 2004
    14 miles outside of Bryce, in Red Canyon is a bunch of riding. The "must ride" is Thunder Head Mountain. The trail is about a 16 mile loop, and it is great. Check it out on www.utahmountainbiking.com.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ok. We've done a 180. We will stay in Brian Head for four days instead and use it as a central launching pad to go to the sites in the area. My research on Brian Head lends me to think they embrace the biking thing in that area.

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Good job!

I just rode the Thunder Mt trail on Friday, it was sweet. I just do an out and back on the singletrack and ignore the riding next to the road part thats in the book. That gives you about 14 or so miles of singletrack in a really unique area. I didn't stop by Brian Head but I think that area still needs some time to dry out. I think July and on is the best time to hit Brian Head. Although some Utah locals might have better info on that area then me. Regardless, you will not be disapointed if you ride Thunder Mt. it's awesome.

mtbr member
    Brian Head definitely has great riding and the people at the resort definitely work hard to make biking trips enjoyable. They have lift served riding, which is excellent, and long shuttled rides that are incredible. Don't miss Blowhard and Dark Hollow.

I'm not sure when things dry out there. We haven't been there earlier than July (it's totally dry by then), but that's just because that's when our first DH race is scheduled down there, (and it's too hot to ride anywhere else...)