How many of you actually ride trails through out the year?- Mtbr.com
    I think we should go back
    Nov 2008

How many of you actually ride trails through out the year?

Hello,

How many of you go up on to snowy trails and ride them? My bike doesnt do to well in snow beause it has 1.8 inch wide tires and is really slippery. Just wondering.... I am really bummed out it is becoming winter! BTW I live in the Sandy area.

mtbr member
    I generally try to ride the BST trails (especially Dry Creek) a few times during the winter. A few days after a storm the trail will be well packed by hikers, and if the conditions are good it can be good with just about any tire option.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/__shT1gy-c...ersus_Snow.JPG
    Last edited by V-Dub; 12-22-2008 at 01:23 PM.

NOT Team Sanchez
    v-dub you're the man......this guy's famous for real, down south we can usually ride the whole year......that was until last week's storm
    I like bikes.

I'd rather be biking...
    amen to that, im use to riding the whole year but ive been working late the last month and its been flipping cold down here in st. george for the last couple weeks plus there was snow on half the trails this last weekend. wah wah im a big baby but i live in southern utah for a reason. I tend to pick up snowboarding on weekends in dec through feb, but will work my bike in at least once a week.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yep it's been tramatic down here in StGeorge not being able to ride whenever we feel like it. I've managed two rides one on sat. one on sun. between storms over in paradise canyon. This trail is mostly rock so tends to dry off pretty fast.

Waiting for Godot
    been riding trails and on the street while it is snowing. check out pics and stories in my blog.
    Out riding, leave a message

Members who have read this thread: 0