How long does Burro Down take?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

How long does Burro Down take?

What can I expect for typical times to do Burro Down (Whole Enchilada)?

I'm a flat-lander from way down in California and in ok shape cardio-wise. I rode Hazard down this time last year and definitely felt the altitude on the initial climb.Hazard Down -- took me 4hr 20min total (with 1hr total stopped time) from Hazard including the ride back to town on the highway.

Given the above about how much longer should I expect Burro Down to take over just Hazard? I'm hoping to be out there early / mid-October. Hopefully there won't be any snow.
    Last edited by spec306; 09-13-2010 at 01:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    depending on how much you stop it would be 5 or so hours. I ride at a good clip and did it by myself in roughly 5 hours from where I was dropped off and until I arrived back in Moab. This was done the week of July 4th this year.

I'll be back there later this week for a few more trips down the Enchilada.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks jbsteven. Any idea how late Burro typically stays open? It sounds like October is anyone's best guess when it comes to the weather.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spec306
    Thanks jbsteven. Any idea how late Burro typically stays open? It sounds like October is anyone's best guess when it comes to the weather.
    not really sure, sorry.

Google this....

Acme shuttle Moab Utah. Call this guy.....he will know and can take you there. Cool guy.

I know when I was up there on July 1st there was still some snow banks in a few spots at the Pass. I had to do one medium speed endo into one.....just to say I did. Wasn't cold so I am sure it melted within a few days.

Members who have read this thread: 0