how high mid april?

Printable View

• 03-15-2009
    lv2ride
    how high mid april?
    we are coming down in mid april. I have always wanted to do the whole enchilada every time we have been down there, but for one reason or another it has never happened. I was wondering how high we can ride a month from now. Burro will probably be out but what about Hazard?

how much snow is up at burro now?
  • 03-16-2009
    lv2ride
    hey there
    any help out there?
  • 03-16-2009
    dusty
    La Sals
    You'll have to check the weather closer to your dates and/or call the Manti-La Sal National Forest offices. I've been there summer to fall, but never as early as April. There could well be snow at elevation until early June.
  • 03-17-2009
    xcguy
    I can't imagine Burro Pass being open that early (over 11,000' elevation). Then it's all shady in the trees for the next few miles. Maybe starting lower. Maybe. Porc will be open.
  • 03-17-2009
    Dangeruss
    Last April (17th) we could get no higher than the start of LPS. Trail was great but there were traces of snow in shaded areas. I can just about promise that you won't be riding the Whole Enchilada (barring extraordinary circumstances).
  • 03-18-2009
    Zak
    We just rode Porc from MPS down on Sunday and it was money, except for an ice sheet in the left hander after the notch and a short section of gooey mud below that. Most of LPS was perfect. There's a lot less snow in the La Sals than there was last year, which was a pretty big snow year down there. If the weather holds you may be able to ride the whole thing - check back closer to your arrival date.