How do I get my bike to Park City/Deer Valley?- Mtbr.com
    PokeyOne
    Feb 2009

How do I get my bike to Park City/Deer Valley?

Arriving on the 11th for 5 days of riding.
    Should I ship my bike?
    It's only $20 more to fly with my bike on SouthWest, but then I have to schlep it up there with me.
    Shuttle Van?
    Lyft SUV?
    Is there a public bus that goes up there?

Thanks,
    Gregory

mtbr member
    If you can ship it right to your destination (condo, hotel, whatever) and ship it home, I'd do that. Call shuttle companies in Salt Lake and ask them about transporting bikes, if you fly with it.
    UTA has a contact number for customer service: Contact Customer Service
    It may be easiest to call them.
    At a glance, it looks like there is bus service to Kimball Junction. Once there, using the bus in PC is easy: https://www.parkcity.org/home/showdocument?id=63387

It's probably best to just take a shuttle to your destination though. I'm guessing the bus from SLC to PC requires lots of hassle.

mtbr member
    I'd contact Big Rack Shuttle to see if they might be able to help you out with a shuttle from the airport to PC. Might be able to use them while you're here as well for a shuttle to Guardsman for a Crest dirt/snow adventure....

https://bigrackshuttle.com/
    2016 Stumpy 29er

mtbr member
    Careful with flying a bike on Southwest. The sports equipment part of their website doesn't list a max size for a bike case, so it leads you to believe any size is fine. But if you check the oversize baggage part of the website, the max size of oversize baggage is listed, and is smaller than the vast majority of bike cases. I drove to the airport with my Thule Roundtrip Transition case and the ticket person at Southwest confirmed it couldn't fly. Also called customer service (twice), and they said it could fly, but recanted after I directed them to the appropriate part of the website.

Though I have riding friends that have successfully flown Southwest with the exact case I have. So I guess it just depends on the vigilance / slackness of the ticket person on the day of your flight.

Two others on my trip shipped to the FedEx office near Park City.

I rented from Contender, and they were great. If you rent for a full week, the daily rate goes down to be the equivalent of about $320 / week. I