Hotels in Moab near magnificent 7 trail system- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hotels in Moab near magnificent 7 trail system

I am heading to Utah in Oct for the Moab Epic race and was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels near The course? Here is some info taken from the race website ~50 mile course features some old Moab favorites in addition to plenty of the amazing new single-track trails including the Magnificent 7 and Moab Brands trail network.

I would like a hotel as close to the race as possible. Anyone know where this is? Thanks

Your Best Friend
    There aren't any hotels closer than Moab city itself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

Desert Seeker
    If you stick to the north end of town you can choose from a few options like the Aarchway Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Motel 6. At least you will be on the correct end of town and near the bike path that leads to the Brands Trails.

Cactus Cuddler
    The Motel 8 on the north side seemed like the best value by miles - that place is both ludicrously nice, and reasonably priced.

mtbr member
    Is the north end of town close to this trail system? Thanks for the replies so far.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yup. See here: Magnificent 7 Trail

Town is to the southeast on the road on the right edge of the map:

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! That map is perfect nord.

mtbr member
    There's cabins at the Arch View RV park close to the Brand Trails (within an easy 5-10 min ride) and the turn off to Mag7 trails (313/191 junction). The doubles have their own bathroom and shower and go for around $75-100 per night IIRC.
    Last edited by KRob; 07-26-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

OMZ
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The Bowen Motel is on the north end of town and next door to the best breakfast establishment in Moab.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Are you planning to ride to the start or something? The website doesn't say where the start is at, but since it only lists Mag 7 and the Brands trails, I almost guarantee it will start out on the east side of 191 at the Brands trailheads, because that is where parking is available. If you are going to ride to the start, you are looking at 6-8 miles from just about any hotel in town. As mentioned, there are camper cabins at the intersection of 313 and 191, which would put you less than a mile from the start, but more importantly, you wouldn't have to climb 700 vertical feet as you would to get from town to the Brands trailhead.

Looks like a fun race. Locals will be heavily favored, because there is a huge network of trails and roads out there, and some are not mapped. Make sure you know the topography, because some routes make look like the shortest route on a map, but there could be a big climb on one route and not on another.

I'm curious whether they dictate the trails you have to ride, because almost every trail out there has a parallel 4x4 road that might be faster. Maybe they put the checkpoints on trail stretches to keep people from just riding the roads.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I will drive to the start. I am no way a racer this was just a great excuse to get out of az for a few days and ride in Moab. I have never ridden any of these trails so I am in it for the adventure and will make it my race.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    If you're staying in Moab proper, look up Moab Flats. It's just off the main drag right in the center of town. Small place with great rooms, secure bike storage shed, hot tub, in room washing machines and just really cool. Not cheap but a lot nicer than many of the other places in town.