Hot Springs near Sundance?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hot Springs near Sundance?

Are there any natural hot springs near or around Sundance?
    If you weren't born a thoroughbred, be the fastest donkey you can be! ltrsports.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I can't think of any hot springs up there. The only hot spring I can think of in Utah County is off the Fifth Water trail off Highway 6 outside of Spanish Fork. It's probably a 30 - 45 minute drive from Sundance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

The nearest hot springs near Sundance...

The nearest hot springs near Sundance that I know of are in Midway (Heber Valley). If you follow Center Street in Midway north from Main Street, the road will T after approximately one mile. Turn left. The road will eventually start turning right near a bunch of condos that have bronze elk standing outside of them. Keep hugging the road to the right. It will gradually go up a hill. At the top of the hill on the left side of the road there should be a big dirt area. The hot springs are at the back of that dirt parking area. You've gone too far if, after the hill you hit a stop sign and there's a golf course across the street. Hope this helps, and is close enough.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    That's right, I completely forgot about those. They are right next door too the Zermatt Resort (or maybe on site).

There's also a pretty cool crater across the street at the Homestead Resort. It's big enough that they actually do scuba diving there.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by fasterdonkey
    Are there any natural hot springs near or around Sundance?
    I think you're referring to the nasty smelling sewer covers at the resort? They're fairly easy to find, just follow your nose.

One is located behind the bike shop/ticket office between it and the valet parking line. The other was right behind my truck out in the parking lot across from the bridge you're not allowed to ride bikes down that leads up to the bike shop/ticket office. I was about to leave my friend down there as we ended up hot boxing my truck Sunday to keep dry and out of the rain. For a minute I thought he might have gardia and was going through the sulfer fart phase of the ailment. Then he left for a while and I continued to smell it and thought that maybe my cat used my body armor as a litter box again, but it was April Fresh.

For such a posh resort, their customers must all have been raised in the northeast on bland, Eastern European food and recently decided to play Russian Roulette with their digestive tract and switch over to spicy Indian cuisine. Old Robert needs to head down to Costco and stock up on Arm & Hammer and get those manicured hands around their sewer problem.

mtbr member

Thanks...

We appreciate your recommendations. We'll be in Sundance this weekend, and we'll go check out Midway. Hey who knows, maybe we will leave early enough en route to Sundance, that we could check out Spanish Fork as well.
    If you weren't born a thoroughbred, be the fastest donkey you can be! ltrsports.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    One thing about the Fifth Water hot springs (Spanish Fork) is they are known to be "clothing optional" from time to time. Technically illegal in Utah County, but it's not heavily enforced that I'm aware of. Just something to be aware of if that offends you, or you're bringing along young children.

Members who have read this thread: 0