Highland- Mtbr.com

Thread: Highland

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Highland

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking at moving to Highland, which is by Lehi, Alpine area. I live in Santa Cruz, CA now, and am spoiled. Hundreds of single track trails to choose from, which is my favorite. I'm a cross crounty expert/pro level rider. Am I going to have lots of trails to ride in the Highland area, or with in 5 miles? I'm really concerned about the riding not being any good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I am not from that area at all, but a couple hours north... However, I have ridden Lambert Park (Alpine area) there miles of great single track there. Check it out, utahmountainbiking.com has great info.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I live right on the other side of the hill (point of the mountain) from there in Draper. There are a number of loops in Draper with tons of new trails going in -even a few DH only ! (search draper city and look under trails for maps)
    Up American Fork canyon is a lot of my favorite trails in the whole Wasatch (search American Fork under NFS)
    Both these are minutes from where you will be.
    Pretty much every canyon up and down the Wasatch Front has riding in it..... then there is the Bonneville Shoreline trail that runs up and down the Wasatch Front....
    In Summer head up a canyon to the mountains, in Winter head west to desert.
    -we got ya covered....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shane
    I'm really concerned about the riding not being any good.
    I live in Pleasant Grove which is about 5 miles away. You'll be in great shape in Highland. In this area, we've got the aforementioned Lambert Park which is great for an early season ride (lower elevation = snow melts first) and quick rides, but not really suited for your longer rides. Plus, the trails wind around on each other, so it can get boring.

You've also got the American Fork Canyon area (Uinta National Forest) which has miles and miles of alpine single and double track to explore. It's less than 10 miles from the Highland city limits to a trail head. Farther down in the Provo Canyon area (~15 minute drive) there are a number of options. You can always drive around the corner into Draper where they're building an extensive trail system. Then, there's Salt Lake which is accessible within 30 minutes and either Park City or the Heber Valley within 45 minutes.

The previously mentioned Utah Mountain Biking site has great trail descriptions and directions. Invest some time and check it out.

If you're an AM / XC person, PM me when you get into town and get the bike unpacked. I'd be happy to show you a few rides to get you started.

Members who have read this thread: 0