Herriman rides--yellow fork- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Herriman rides--yellow fork

What's up guys/gals? Wife and I bought bikes recently. Moved to herriman about two years ago and I'm completely unfamiliar with the trails here. I hear there are a few good ones though. Anyone here know the area well? Anyone interested in riding with a beginner-ish rider this spring and showing me around?

rpalmer
    Aug 2008
    I know the area pretty well and would be happy to give you some suggestions. There's not a lot out there to ride right now without dealing with snowy and/or muddy conditions - not great for just starting out. With this warmup we're having right now you might be able to look at certain sections of the Bonneville or the Eagle Mountain Bike Park, which is only a few miles south of Herriman. It's got some fun, short, easy rides you can do.

Friend me on Facebook if you want to stay in touch for spring.

https://www.facebook.com/RyantheMan09

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    What's up guys/gals? Wife and I bought bikes recently. Moved to herriman about two years ago and I'm completely unfamiliar with the trails here. I hear there are a few good ones though. Anyone here know the area well? Anyone interested in riding with a beginner-ish rider this spring and showing me around?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

FR sent. Thanks for the reply. Super excited to ride. I'll wait till the weather is better, but not much longer. Another month and I'll be getting pretty anxious.

My name's Josh. Nice to meet you. Would love to have you show me around this spring.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Josh, if you haven't seen it already the utahmountainbiking.com site is excellent. This page has links to trails in the area that are open earlier than the higher mountain ones:
    Salt Lake City low-altitude Mountain Bike Trails

It's a bit longer drive but my wife and I have enjoyed riding on Antelope Island in the early and late season as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Thanks outback97. I briefly checked out that website a week or two ago, but I'm not through looking it over. Is there a forums section that I can use on my mobile device? I'm lazy and hate logging in through a web browser if I don't have to. Lol. Thanks for that link, that will be useful.