Help me decide on a trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Help me decide on a trail

I have this Friday off from work and I'm trying to decide where to go. I'm thinking of heading towards Vernal or down to Bryce Canyon area. Just not sure about the trails in the area.

I'll be camping over-night where ever I go.

If I go to Bryce I'm thinking of hitting up Thunder Mountain, doing the entire loop with Red Canyon Trail but othere than that I don't know. Uphill doesn't bother me much as long as there is a good downhill ride. I'm not a very techincal rider and tend to go at a slower pace.

So any help you all could give me would be great.

I'd rather be biking...
    Vernal does have a lot of trail options for fast flowy singletrack descent with not too much climbing.(jazz chrome molly, can you moo?) and all the stuff out at mcCoy flat. You could definitely have fun at both places. As for riding around Bryce, Thunder mountain and cassidey is about the only thing worth doing in red canyon. However you can drive less then an hour and have access to VRRT, Navajo lake loop, bunker creek, and dark hollow all up in the higher elevations. The descent off navajo mtn and the last descent towards deer haven camp ground are my favorite on VRRT. Though you would have to get creative on trail routes as most people will shuttle some of those.

Members who have read this thread: 0