heber city- Mtbr.com

Thread: heber city

don't move for trees

heber city

Hello, coming onver from Reno to Heber City for spring break in march, I'm excited to ride Utah. i've passed through a couple times, but never to stop and play. i am visiting some friends over there who ride, but can you guys suggest any where that i should definatly hit up. i like to ride single track and down hill. also planning on goin down to maob for a couple days
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Park City has some of the best trails in the state; unfortunately, you won't be able to ride them in March. spend your time down south.

don't move for trees
    well, i'll keep my eye on it, and do a little research, its been really warm over here, and we havn't had any snow fall really

ixi
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Most trails in the Wasatch don't dry up until May (except those on the benches). The last decade or so has had wet late winters and early springs. So like wookie said above it's probably best to ride down south in March. Tons of world class riding down there all year round. Hope your trip works out.

mtbr member
    yeah I live in Midway, the town across from heber... like everyone says you're not going to find any good riding out here till super late april or may...

If the snow stays light, like it has.. then you might get away with some muddy march riding.. but thats a long shot.

a lot of the great trails are out in park city .. I like to ride deer valley a lot.. and i have some secret trails up in the wastach that i ride.... but those open up in June...

sorry for the shitty news bro.. hope you still have fun out here anyway.. while in Heber stop by Brothers Bikes, its by Smiths Grocery store. .. Enoch the shop owner will let you in on any info if stuff is up and ready when you're here.

Feb 2007
    Have you considered riding in the SW (St George) area of Utah. Like Moab it is about 5 hours from SLC and easier to get back to Reno than from Moab which is on the eastern edge of Utah. The rides are on par with anything you will find in Moab and the weather better this time of the year. You might check out mountainbikebuddies.com.

don't move for trees
    now how could we have a trip to utah with out visiting moab?we plan on spending about 3-4 days down there riding

Members who have read this thread: 0