Heading to SLC, any DH park close by?- Mtbr.com
    Working on my Drops

Heading to SLC, any DH park close by?

Hey guys,

I'm heading to SLC mid July for business and have a chance to stay until Saturday night. I was thinking of renting a DH bike and maybe head to Park city for some lift assisted park riding on Saturday morning/noon. While I never been to a lift assisted park, i usually ride DH trails around the Santa Cruz area and I'm comfortable going DH. however, I don't know if I'm ready for those double blacks yet as i never been to a lift assisted park.

I was wondering if you guys can recommend a DH park that has maybe beginner blacks diamonds for me to try out in Park city or SLC. Also, where can I rent a DH bike from? Thanks a bunch.

mtbr member
    Deer Valley Resort

Working on my Drops
    Thanks Rideut. What trails would you recommend?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlex
    Thanks Rideut. What trails would you recommend?
    When you get off the lift, follow the road down and to the left. Spend some time on Naildriver to get started with, then branch off to lower Aspen Slalom if you're comfortable with that.

Lower Thieve's Forest (go between the two small buildings in the middle of the mountain, you'll come across it sooner or later) isn't too technical. Once you're feeling brave, you should try the upper section of Thieve's Forest or Fire Swamp (go down and right off the chairlift).

Give them all a shot. The mountain is small enough that you can do all the trails in one day if you want. Deer Valley has a few bikes/gear for rent where you buy your tickets. I think the prices are still posted on the web site.

Members who have read this thread: 0