has anyone rode ______ Yet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

has anyone rode ______ Yet?

Has anyone rode or checked out the cotton wood shuttle yet? I would assume there is still a bit of snow left at very least but I bet its melting pretty fast too. Anyone have the scoop?

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    The 1st rule of fight club is...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    There are plenty of places called "cotton wood" and unless you know where to go your SOL anyway. I am asking ANYONE that knows...

All you guys are acting like most of these are some super secret spots that no one is to ever know about. I am sure there are still a lot I don't know about. I have been riding MTN bikes a whopping year and guess what? All your bro's who are supposed to follow you "rule" didn't...

I didn't ask for starting points, how to get in or where. I know where, I wanna know if anyone knows the status of the trail.

I am sure I could name the names of all the "secret shuttles" and trails that I know of and they wont mean dick to anyone who doesn't know where they are. You have to know where they start, I don't think I gave GPS cooridinates did I? You make think your cool and sweet cause you know of some shuttles that are supposed to be hush hush but guess what, a thousand other people know about them too. Fight Club isn't as small as you think.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyg801
    There are plenty of places called "cotton wood" and unless you know where to go your SOL anyway.
    Really? All those "cotton wood" rides I didn't know about all these years?

All you guys are acting like most of these are some super secret spots that no one is to ever know about. I am sure there are still a lot I don't know about. I have been riding MTN bikes a whopping year and guess what? All your bro's who are supposed to follow you "rule" didn't...
    A "whopping year"? I can see that. . .

I didn't ask for starting points, how to get in or where. I know where, I wanna know if anyone knows the status of the trail.
    Call a friend. Text someone. PM somebody. Whatever.

I am sure I could name the names of all the "secret shuttles" and trails that I know of and they wont mean dick to anyone who doesn't know where they are. You have to know where they start, I don't think I gave GPS cooridinates did I? You make think your cool and sweet cause you know of some shuttles that are supposed to be hush hush but guess what, a thousand other people know about them too. Fight Club isn't as small as you think.
    [/I]

"Cool and sweet"? Radnasty, I never knew you were so. . . Rad!

I don't think I'm really that cool or sweet, but I do know how to spell, and I try not to come in and start flaming people for asking me to keep an illegal, probably soon to be torn down (again) trail quiet. So. . . keep it quiet. Oh, and support WAFTA.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    For the record all it took was a rumor for me to find it several years ago, so yes, that's all it takes. It's not that most of us don't want others on it, but rather don't want inconsiderate traffic to get it once again destroyed and shut down. Hopefully WAFTA can help change the status of the trail and make it permanant so please support us WAFTA Utah

That said, I'm guessing it's still really wet, and a few weeks out from ready based on other trail conditions and the late snow season.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    "Cool and sweet"? Radnasty, I never knew you were so. . . Rad!

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about that.

ronnyg...you'd be amazed how much damage can be done with a simple google search.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Was I the only one who thought to put 'your mom' in the '________' part of the title of this Thread when first glancing at it? I was actually going to scroll all the way down into the bike company Threads and got all excited at the prospect of someone actually riding another's mom.

Have to say, I'm pretty disappointed.
    Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 05-19-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Homer's problem child
    Come on folks, give poor Ronny a break. He's obviously severely retarded.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I didn't say I have only rode bikes a year, I've rode BMX bikes my whole life and I know that trying to keep trails with 1000's of hours of digging a secret is a pointless battle.

I never said there were multiple places with cottonwood rides. However if someone doesn't know about them it doesn't matter what you call it. It only pertains to people who know.

I don't see how they can tear down a trail that half of it is a fire road?! Plus I have never been on it with out cross country dudes or hikers on it.

If someone can figure it out with a google search I didn't do anything to unravel a secret. I didn't reveal anything any way, other than part of the name. Really doesn't do anyone a bit of good.

If someone goes on a hunt and finds any one of these shuttles GOOD FOR THEM. They obviously wanted to ride it bad enough they found it. If anyone wants to know where the ones I know about are or a rough guide feel free to PM me. I'd be more than happy to share the knowledge with anyone who enjoys riding instead of trying to be a nazi local who thinks they hold some deep secret. Id be more than happy to just to ruin all you turds day.

Yes Im severely retarded cause I asked about a trail that if you don't know where it is it doesn't matter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyg801
    I don't see how they can tear down a trail that half of it is a fire road?! Plus I have never been on it with out cross country dudes or hikers on it.
    Ronny, I stand corrected. You're totally right to ask about the trail described above. It's fine, open, snow free, full of hikers and XCers and totally legal.

mtbr member
    I think he is referring to the Little Cottonwood Temple Quarry trail. Yes, it's open. I'm one of those XCers that you ***** about.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

May 2009

come on over

To all on this forum: My son is a really rad and sweet rider. He hits rad jumps and sends it on sweet drops. He is riding his XC bike on the Temple Quarry trail right now. I just dropped him off at the top.

slcrockymountainrider, you have a wonderful sense of humour. I like that.

mtbr member

I just don't get it...

Sorry, ronnyg801, but this type of post just confuses me.

So, by posting a 'blank' in the title, is that supposed to keep illegal trails secret? Is that some sort of forum etiquete that I didn't know about? Do the web browsers of land managers automatically ignore or hide those kinds of posts?

I understand you may be frustrated by the attitude given back while you are asking a perfectly simple question, but are you really that surprised by it? Do you honestly think that land managers don't check on line for the lowdown?

My suggestion: (Whatever area you're referring to) you should just get in your car and go check it out for yourself. Or, for those who are into 'conspiracy theory' I will suggest that you should get back to work managing our public lands and stop fishing on the interwebs for information. It will be a lot better for you, and will be a whole lot less confusing and frustrating for the rest of us.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Haven't checked out ________ but the ________ at ________ has a sweet ________ and it's off the ________.

Just PM ________ for directions to the ________ near the________.

And if you don't know what the ________ I am talking about, it's probably just as well.

Crap, there goes my self-imposed ban, and all to post on this ________ of a thread.

mtbr member
    I think I just ______ my _______ from laughing at that crazy ________ post by _____.

Self-imposed ban? _____ ____ _____?

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Haven't checked out ________ but the ________ at ________ has a sweet ________ and it's off the ________.

Just PM ________ for directions to the ________ near the________.

And if you don't know what the ________ I am talking about, it's probably just as well.

Crap, there goes my self-imposed ban, and all to post on this ________ of a thread.
    Sweet MadLibs Jordan, you really need to label where the noun, verbs, etc go though.

Haven't checked out __poop___ but the ____dog____ at ___Taco Bell___ has a sweet ____dumptruck____ and it's off the ___wanker_____.

Just PM ___Yoda____ for directions to the ___skank_____ near the___outhouse_____.

And if you don't know what the ____crank____ I am talking about, it's probably just as well.

Crap, there goes my self-imposed ban, and all to post on this ____tasty____ of a thread.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Members who have read this thread: 0