Hailey locals:- Mtbr.com

Thread: Hailey locals:

mtbr member

Hailey locals:

Headed out to Hailey on friday for a few days - but based on the weather / snow reports can't figure out if I should bring the bike or the splitboard!

How the trails?
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Though very close....

in our degree of "redness", Utah and Idaho have not yet merged. (assuming you are refering to Hailey ID)

If you like track skiing, conditions are currently superbe, as they nearly always are. Just visited the area last week for a few days of skating and as always, it's nirvana.

Given that the Wasatch is my backyard, things looked a little thin around there to me. People were out bc skiing etc. but you better be good at sniffing it out (or enlist some local guidance). Bald was looking pretty bumped. There had been a big storm a couple weeks ago (38" in Ketchum), so there was snow even down in Hailey. I would think the trails are still covered. It has continued to stay cold, but I don't think it has snowed there in a couple weeks.

I'd say contact Elephants Perch in Ketchum; you will get the straight poop.
    Last edited by alibi; 02-03-2005 at 11:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alibi
    in our degree of "redness", Utah and Idaho have not yet merged. (assuming you are refering to Hailey ID)

If you like track skiing, conditions are currently superbe, as they nearly always are. Just visited the area last week for a few days of skating and as always, it's nirvana.

Given that the Wasatch is my backyard, things looked a little thin around there to me. People were out bc skiing etc. but you better be good at sniffing it out (or enlist some local guidance). Bald was looking pretty bumped. There had been a big storm a couple weeks ago (38" in Ketchum), so there was snow even down in Hailey. I would think the trails are still covered. It has continued to stay cold, but I don't think it has snowed there in a couple weeks.

I'd say contact Elephants Perch in Ketchum; you will get the straight poop.
    LMFAO! Right.... Hailey, ID as opposed to the mythical Hailey UT! Doh! Silly Geography!

Sounds about like what I'd heard - and thanks for the BC advice, coming from an avy-trained & aware type who likes "ski-free" days, LOL, it's good to know that there are other people who are suitably aware of said risks in the BC. I'll talk to my friends about what's been good... and who may know how & where to find it!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -