Guy 'Riding' Up Spiro On A Giant DH Bike Sunday...- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

Guy 'Riding' Up Spiro On A Giant DH Bike Sunday...

...high noon with full body armor, full face and googles (no, these weren't hanging off his pack or bike but were being worn), I guess the mushrooms kicked in pretty hard the night before ?

I guess I never viewed the epic Spiro switchback smooth as glass, riddled with climbers, hikers and dogs decent as something worthy of lugging a full on DH bike up with full race kit. But now I'm in the know so thanks .

For a second I thought it might have been P-Town Dave and then realized this kid had way too much skill and 1/300th of the brain power.

Well you made it an 1/8th of a mile up that wonderful climb to nowhere DH when I passed you panting and off to the side with foggy goggle syndrome and I was sweating bullets in a sleeveless jersey. Hope you didn't succumb to heat frustration.

BTW: Deer Valley resort opened it's doors to that sort of outlet on Friday.

BTWW: Post a picture of yourself on that bike in that full kit climbing Spiro in the Humdinger Thread and you're a shoe-in. We'll consider it an 'entertainment' entry.

mtbr member
    Duuude that was me! I was trying to get your attention to borrow a battery from your vibrator (I mean continuously-auto-telescoping seat post device) for my pocket defibrillator. That's why I was doubled over breathing so hard. You of all people should know what it takes to train SERIOUSLY for Utah Super D State Champs. I figure if I win the series the GODs will have to let me in the Humdinger.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Duuude that was me! I was trying to get your attention to borrow a battery from your vibrator (I mean continuously-auto-telescoping seat post device) for my pocket defibrillator. That's why I was doubled over breathing so hard. You of all people should know what it takes to train SERIOUSLY for Utah Super D State Champs. I figure if I win the series the GODs will have to let me in the Humdinger.

Oh sorry. My allergies were killing me this weekend. I actually thought you were the XC guy in full lyrca Cannondale kit with no pack at the top of Spiro asking to borrow tools a couple days before. Yes, I climbed up that humid bit of trail twice during my long weekend.

I don't mind stopping to help people who try at least a little bit and carry around tools, spare tubes but haven't gotten around to buy a shock pump or chain tool yet. But what's the point of going out XC light on a non-race day if you don't have the capability to tighten a simple allen bolt ?

I'll tell you what the point is: I won't stop to help to your gaper ass.

BTW: What's with wearing your DH armor on the outside of your jersey? Not very steezy IMO.

Bored Carp
    If the trails weren't dry, he would have recognized your tread pattern.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    There is some sick stuff up there if you know where to find it. Good for you for pedaling on up...

Fragglepuss The Chaste

He Eats Humdinger For Breakfast Too.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead
    There is some sick stuff up there if you know where to find it. Good for you for pedaling on up...
    If it had actually been Scott he would have been on his DH bike pulling a baby trailer while dressed in a Haz-Mat suit, because his blood is so toxic, and not pulled over breathing hard. During the ride his kid would be collecting rocks and storing them in the trailer building up resistance as the ride progressed. He probes aliens, not the other way around.

That's how he trains now.

Mark Wier eat your heart out.

Members who have read this thread: 0