Guide books for Moab area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Guide books for Moab area

Planning a trip out to the Moab area, and was wondering if there were any decent guide books worth buying. I'm from out east, and I know most of the books for my area don't talk about much worth riding (which can be a good thing if you want to keep your favorite trails a secret ).

Just wondering if any of the books are worth my hard earned money if I want to make sure and hit the good stuff.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit2ski
    Planning a trip out to the Moab area, and was wondering if there were any decent guide books worth buying. I'm from out east, and I know most of the books for my area don't talk about much worth riding (which can be a good thing if you want to keep your favorite trails a secret ).

Just wondering if any of the books are worth my hard earned money if I want to make sure and hit the good stuff.
    Rider Mel's guidebook has served me well down there, I think he occasionally posts here on mtbr too. Good ride descriptions, rating systems and maps, I think all the shops there carry it and I think it's available online.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Jul 2005

Moab town info

Hi Bandi..

I was there three weeks ago , don't spend any money on guide book , Moab is small , only few blocks in all , one main street (hwy191) and everything are there , and I mean everything !

Besides , just roll into any motel along main street and you can find your dinning booklet , riding booklet , all free of charge!

The famous slickrock trail is only 3 miles north of town , is little steep going up , but is a blast come back to town after . Other trails also within rideable distance but you better starts at dawn as it gets very hot in mid day.

Foods are plenty , hotel will run you $40 - 90 bucks , hope this helps , have a great ride there.