Green River etc. FREERIDE VIDEO!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Green River etc. FREERIDE VIDEO!!

just put this vid together, thought some of you guys might want to check it out. most of the footage is from green river area, we've been developing a little zone down there lately..
    if anyone out there is interested in riding/building down there with us let me know.. I have scoped out one area for a possible 7 mile grafton style downhill trail, 20 minutes out of price...
    WAY CLOSER to slc and provo than virgin.

let me know what you all think..
    we can ride green river almost year round.

here's the link,
    http://www.justinolsen.com/mtnbike.mov

you may recognize one of the drops from NWD 7

biking is fun
    That is sweet!!! i wish i knew about this place a few days ago. we spent the last week in moab and were looking for somewhere to ride on the way back to salt lake. i would be down with riding down there with you guys. are you from salt lake?

Apr 2007
    Very nice vid!!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Very nice vid! Def want to checkout those trails.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    You guys didn't build that super-kicker, did you? I have seen photos of it popping up lately. Some Mike Reid snaps of Alex Reveles doing some ridiculously huge 360s (Drop In tour)...

Nice lines! The gray dirt stuff looks scary.

JMH

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    hasn't the superkicker been in nwd 6 and 7? its pretty sweet, way to big for me but still cool. I want to come down and ride some smaller lines around there. A couple buddies and me want to go somewhere down south this late fall or early spring. This downhill also sounds pretty sweet, when do you guys normally ride? because I'm open most weekends so maybe one of my friends would want to head down for a weekend or something.

mtbr member
    Im glad you guys were stoked on the vid..
    We went back down to this area last weekend and built some more features. One of my buddies actually backflipped and 360'd one of these jumps! I posted the pic below. It is starting to get really good. Most of us are from Utah County, we have had 3 to 4 dudes out there every weekend for the last month building.. one weekend we had 10 dudes. (dr robo bailed on us though...wuss). Would love to have more people join us... pm me if interested..

Oh yeah, and the weather has been perfect there every weekend.. no need to sit around up here on sat while its raining...
    Attached Images Attached Images

ride more.
    Nov 2004

I brought my bike to SLC and am pulling the fork tonight. Hopefully I can get it back soon. I am paying for overnight delivery to get it back ASAP.

And you have been down there every weekend? I am calling you today...

BALLS DEEP

I Just Ride....
    Great looking website!
    Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

Enduroist
    Mar 2007
    Cool video, and nice choice in music. Looks like you guys had fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Solid work down there, and nicely put together video. The drop to hip landing was impressive.

mtbr member
    Nice shots - that last cliff drop before the Squaw Peak jumps is sweet!! Looks big! I'd love to get down there this winter and do some riding with you guys. I was wondering where you might be cultivating the next bandit trail ;-).

ride more.
    Nov 2004

USFS Pleasant Grove Ranger District is working with us. Freebird and I are doing a presentation on the benefits of DH specific trails, as well as success stories from other ranger districts (i.e. Jackson, Blackrock) in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for updates.

mtbr member
    Now we're talking!! But are they the ones in charge of the Squaw Peak Area? Are you pitching a specific area for development (or re-development should we say)?? Rode Blackrocks this summer and that place is killer!! I missed the WAFTA meeting tues but it'd sure be nice to get the advocacy working for us here!!

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Yes - they cover the Squaw Peak area and AF canyon. They are receptive, but it still may take some time. Apparently, the stuff up in Jackson was about two years in the making before they authorized the building and let those guys adopt a trail.

Spread the word and sign up for WAFTA. Website is www.waftautah.com

When we get some definitive news, we will post some info.

Other projects are in the works as well in the southern SL valley. Look for them in the spring. We have walked a huge parcel of land that is fully shuttle-able with heaps of natural potential. The landowner is very receptive to us. More details on that as well. Dont want to jinx anything, you know...

Apr 2007

Trail Building in Price

Loved the video!

We've been building in the Price area for about five years now and have about 30 miles of sweet singletrack to ride. Where are you building around here, in the Swell? If the stuff you are building is in Carbon County we'd love to help build. If it is in Emery County you could contact MECCA at www.biketheswell.org and they have some trail builders and have been building around the Wedge.

Oh by the way...Price is on the way to Moab and Fruita. You could get a great morning ride in before heading down there. For more information about Price area trails and to get a map, stop in and see my husband, Fuzzy, at Bicycleworks, 640 E Main in Price, (435) 637-BIKE or email him at [email protected].

Members who have read this thread: 0