Gravity Logic Building trails in Corner Canyon- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685

    Gravity Logic Building trails in Corner Canyon

    Just found out that Gravity Logic will be building a jump trail in Drapers Corner Canyon. Pretty Cool!

    They already broke ground and started on the trail!

    Draper City Trails and Open Space: "It will be a one way directional flow trail a level or two above Rush. Completion depends on the weather. We should have one or two up trails for access also."

    It will be on the South side of Sun Crest linking Eagle crest to Brookside dr.

  2. #2
    Frame Building Moderator
    Reputation: Walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,489
    Rad, and good to hear it will be a few steps up from Rush, which to my mind is a (fun!) XC trail.

    They're done with that damn pipeline project, right?

    -Walt

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Rad, and good to hear it will be a few steps up from Rush, which to my mind is a (fun!) XC trail.

    They're done with that damn pipeline project, right?

    -Walt
    Pretty sure its all open now

    Whatever they end up building its going to be fun...but would like to see something bigger like Rally Cat or A-line size or at least have bigger kicker options...theres some decent sized tables at the Draper bike park some stuff that size would be cool too

    My prediction is that it will be similar in size to Arcylon or Trailside stuff

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    57
    This is great news. keep us posted on completion if you could. Thanks

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    595
    they can't get crazy because they can't have an ambulance on call all day 7 days a week for all the hospital visits which would result. Tidal Wave is a perfect example of this perpetual carnage, and that's with riders who for the most part have a clue what they are doing. Putting that in CC would result in it quickly being torn back down again from this, IMO.

  6. #6
    Frame Building Moderator
    Reputation: Walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,489
    No, flow trails and jumps can be built on public property. Happens all the time. Trailside sees plenty of ambulance visits, not a problem from the city/county's point of view.

    UT, like most states, has pretty strict outdoor rec liability laws. Unless you built a *deliberately* dangerous trail, the landowner has no liability for injuries or even deaths.

    -Walt

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    595
    you are misinterpreting my point Walt. I'm saying if they build it, they'll eventually pretty much have to dumb it back down, because the public in that area of the state will demand it. It has nothing to do with liability, it's just going to be an outcry IMO. The people that live near there are totally different than the "public" in PC/DV.

  8. #8
    Frame Building Moderator
    Reputation: Walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,489
    Really? They have a DJ park that I assume people get hurt on all the time. It's been there a few years now.

    I guess I don't know any better, but I hope they can build something kinda "progressive" for everyone. We shall see.

    -Walt

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahJohn View Post
    you are misinterpreting my point Walt. I'm saying if they build it, they'll eventually pretty much have to dumb it back down, because the public in that area of the state will demand it. It has nothing to do with liability, it's just going to be an outcry IMO. The people that live near there are totally different than the "public" in PC/DV.
    I understand your point, but that mentality and way of thinking, this sense of entitlement, is deeply disturbing. If you can't ride the trail then stay off, go practice, and come back another day.

    The fact that this "public" you speak of feels that every trail needs to be suited for their skill level(which I'm guessing is XC) is the exact reason why we have so many lame fricken trails. now go away and practice your jumping.

    We already have soooooo many beginner, small, and medium sized bike parks and trails, which is great and fun and good for progression, but its time to build a trail with bigger features or at least medium features with big options. Check out what Ogden bike park is doing, Or I-st, Tanners, Even Draper bike park has some big sized tables already clearly the public there and the state ARE ready and its happening...about time.

    but whatever its all good, stoked this trail is happening it should be a blast. maybe after this trail is built and more people get accustomed to it they'll build a bigger line. gravity logic has built a trail or two so they know whats up.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    595
    I hope I'm wrong. It sure beats more tennis courts :-/

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    673
    The trail is right behind my house. It will be a flow trail, kind of like Rush with better berms. It's going to be a great trail as long as people stay off of it until next spring. It needs a good snow pack to firm up all the berms.





  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    ...It's going to be a great trail as long as people stay off of it until next spring. It needs a good snow pack to firm up all the berms.
    thanks for posting some pics! ...raining today should be good to go by tomorrow

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    143
    Is that off the south side of Suncrest? Those pics look great btw!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    thanks for posting some pics! ...raining today should be good to go by tomorrow
    Please stay off of the trail until spring. Gravity Logic isn't even done building the trail.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Please stay off of the trail until spring. Gravity Logic isn't even done building the trail.
    ha, that was sarcasm. I dont plan on riding the trail until its open...hopefully it will be before spring.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    143
    Where will the trail be located?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,052
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    ha, that was sarcasm. I dont plan on riding the trail until its open...hopefully it will be before spring.
    Seemed pretty clear.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Please stay off of the trail until spring. Gravity Logic isn't even done building the trail.
    guess the trail is finished and open, so much for spring haha. have at it!

    Vertigo Downhill Flow Trail from Eagle Crest

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685
    rode it....fun for what it is, but kinda meh...beginner flow line. top half is already packing in nicely, bottom half is looser

    thought this was supposed to be a few levels above the Rush trail?? was hoping for some bigger jumps n such but guess not.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    685
    could be better if they built some lips on the rollers, possibly next year???

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    42
    Agreed.. way easier/mellower than I thought it was going to be. It was definitely designed to appeal to the masses. Hopefully we'll get some more advanced trails in the near future and this trail will keep all the newbs off the good stuff

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    106
    I thought the trail was a lot of fun on my XC bike...it's even more fun in the snow! Rallying those berms in the snow is pretty wild...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    158
    Is this dry yet?

    Will be riding in the area Mon - Thursday of next week

  24. #24
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,461
    The area is bone dry. Go for it!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    106
    It's dry, but some guys went out a few weeks ago and rutted it up pretty bad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    158
    Thanks for the updates. I was able to ride Corner Monday-Wednesday. Others confirmed it was dry but rutty so I stayed over there and rode Rush and its fun other feeder trails. Hopefully the ruts will get cleaned up this spring

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 03:42 PM
  2. Gravity Logic at LV Ski & Snowboard Resort
    By Thor Lord of Thunder in forum Nevada
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 07:41 AM
  3. Suggest A Location To Gravity Logic
    By Kronk in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO, MI
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM
  4. Corner Canyon
    By utahposer in forum Utah
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
  5. Corner Canyon
    By utahposer in forum Utah
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.