Granite School District- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

Granite School District

GSD is pretty much good to go as of yesterday. There's a bit of snow in the trees before the lake, but nothing deep or long enough to warrant getting off your bike...unless you're mr. welcorn going to Mach 5 through it while trying to negotiate a corner. Oh well, at least the dirt up there is soft to land on. There are plenty of smallish downed branches so be mindful of your wheels unless you enjoy trail side spoke maintenance.
    The lower section is fairly over grown. If you're into BDSM and like to get whipped, then go really fast on this section and you'll finish with some nice welts across your biceps. Like most trails, it's pretty rough this year and seems like there's more exposed rock from top soil that's been washed away. However I think that trail has something like 2000 water bars so they've been hard at work. The sheep haven't been let loose yet so the middle section is really over grown and there's plenty of hidden rocks and tree stumps right next to the trail so choose your lines carefully and don't abide by the 15% dh race cutting corner rule.
    Probably the only thing that's a real problem is the hike-a-bike at the entrance. The creek is running pretty high as are the weeds so it can be a bit of a chore to find a dry place to cross. It's pretty moist between the creek and the dirt road which means the mosquito's are out in force so have your sh!t together before you get out of the car. I think it took them just a few minutes to hone in on us before it started getting too bad. You may want to practice loading up bikes and dealing with the injured and wounded as they will be there waiting for you in force when you return.

Other than that, it's pretty much hero dirt right now.

Homer's problem child
    I don't know what you are saying, that place is teh sucky.

Too crowded and way too many "Larry's".

Bring DEET.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    The sheep haven't been let loose yet so the middle section is really over grown and there's plenty of hidden rocks and tree stumps right next to the trail so choose your lines carefully and don't abide by the 15% dh race cutting corner rule.
    Yeah, going mach looney and going off trail is not recommended. It caused me a massive ass over teakettle, that I am suprised I walked away from with only a scrape on my arm and a bunch of dirt/rocks in my helmet. If you are going to lug a chainsaw up there to cut downed timber....why not cut it a little further back (say 15%) so that us re-re's can cut corners as we please. I will pack my bow saw next time and do a little maintainance. Nice pictures Bortis.

p.s. SLCRMR, your butt looks big, might I suggest moving to a "Only 1 hard boiled egg for lunch diet"?

Luddite technophile
    Don't know this one - Uintahs? Looks nice.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    Yeah, going mach looney and going off trail is not recommended. It caused me a massive ass over teakettle, that I am suprised I walked away from with only a scrape on my arm and a bunch of dirt/rocks in my helmet. If you are going to lug a chainsaw up there to cut downed timber....why not cut it a little further back (say 15%) so that us re-re's can cut corners as we please. I will pack my bow saw next time and do a little maintainance. Nice pictures Bortis.

p.s. SLCRMR, your butt looks big, might I suggest moving to a "Only 1 hard boiled egg for lunch diet"?
    I was actually refering to your snow 360 ballerina move, not your attempt to rip the head tube off your bike by pile driving a 2ft wide felled tree going 50mph. BTW, I have a spare medium Xen if your helmet is too jacked up to ride until you get a new one.

Yeah, my butt does look big and the rest of me really skinny. Must be that sedintary life sitting in front of a computer making fun of everyone to make up for all my short comings.
    That's what she said.

Kudo's to the photo Bortis. We need to get you to pose for a few.

BTW: Took Beth up to Deer Valley this afternoon, go figure-they've done a ton a trail work. Like, a lot of trail work. Not since 2005 I have I seen any trail work up there. A bit too late IMO but whatever.
    We'll all have to hook up this week after work. Get some photo's of Bortis' sculpted arse pedaling off into the sunset.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    I don't know what you are saying, that place is teh sucky.

Too crowded and way too many "Larry's".

Bring DEET.....
    Waaaayyyy too many Larry's up there. Unless you're going to ride this trail in January, I would stay away. A lot of couples on Trek hardtails and running shoes up there asking for tubes and your 'spare' water getting in your way. It's like a freaking highway of 'tards. I'd stay away and hit the Shoreline around 5:30pm to avoid the crowds.

Thanks for the correction Bortis.

Members who have read this thread: 0