Gooseberry this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Gooseberry this weekend?

We are making plans for Gooseberry this weekend but I heard that they just got a ton of snow. Should I cancel this weekend's plans or is there an alternative place to go (we've ridden Gem-and that was a ton of fun also)?
    Thanks!

Team Sanchez
    I think by Saturday Goose is going to be just fine. I rode out there last SAturday, and was finishing up just as it started snowing. The rest of this week is supposed to be pretty warm with the exception of today. I say come on out. Even if the road to goose is still a little muddy, the trail should be fine.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

I will be out there tomorrow. I will post a reply tomorrow when I get back and tell you how it is. We are planning on doing JEM, Hurricane Rim, Gould's Rim, so we will not actually be going on the mesa, but I will tell you what the lower trails are like.

Check back tomorrow.

mtbr member

Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    I will be out there tomorrow. I will post a reply tomorrow when I get back and tell you how it is. We are planning on doing JEM, Hurricane Rim, Gould's Rim, so we will not actually be going on the mesa, but I will tell you what the lower trails are like.

Check back tomorrow.
    thanks for the heads up!
    I appreciate the help...

ride more.
    Nov 2004

we rode JEM, Hurricane Rim, Goulds Rim today. In the morning, it was pretty soft, but by the end of the day it was golden. We did not make it up to Goose, however. We were going to try and go up there in the morning, but there was snow all over the mesa. However, by the end of the day, the sun had melted most of the snow. It was between 65 and 70 degrees today here, so I would guess that Goose would be perfect this weekend. If not, JEM, Hurricane, etc. will be great for sure.

Hope that helps.

Members who have read this thread: 0