Gooseberry riders Tomorrow??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Gooseberry riders Tomorrow??

my brother and i will be riding gooseberry tomorrow. any willing local riders to guide, or out of towners willing to ride, all welcome.

10am.
    702-415-3356
    Muzik

NOT Team Sanchez
    sorry dude, just saw this, have a good time out there.........and you lucked out, it's been really cool lately, otherwise riding at ten would be a miserable time.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Sorry for such a short time for posting up the ride.. it wasnt a planned trip. spontaniously found oursleves up there last night, work got cancelled. what the heck let go Utah!

OOooo Goodness..Gooseberry was nuts.! I felt like i needed training wheels lol, na not that bad but i waasnt having any more fun 25mi into that South Rim the board said 5.9mi. so i was all stoked with my 1 24oz bottle of water. I went 10mi then 18mi, i kept fallowing the painted markers and before i knew it i was out of water and 10mi into the trail so i kept riding expecting the trail to take a turn back to the lot, wrong, i had to make my own way back and eventuallly found that service road or the old white trail path washed with 6'' of sand, no bueno. Im pretty sure i missed that half way marker of 5.9mi...!!!

Any way.. it was fun for the first 5mi or so then got really really TUFF, at one point i was like WTF how do they even pedal up this then coming straight down the steepest rock face straight into a switch back only to find yourslef trying to pedal up another rockface instantly, gosh it was tuff to say the least.

I love crosscountry, fast paced single track/downhill into intense up-hill climbs, Gooseberry was not what i expected. its strenuous, Technical, granny gearin, brake hugin slowest trail ive ever ridden. I took several spills, but 2 ill never forget, the first i was rollin really good then my front tire hit a huge rock ledge and got stuck inbetween some rock throwing me over the bars smashing into this huge rockface. the second was pretty much the same i wheelied over this huge tree stump not seeing whats in front of me came down front tire hit another rock bank throwing me into a tree that had been cut to some degree, sharp. i now have this 12in gash/bruise on my back a bruise the size of a baseball on my quad and a gash in my left forearm.

I dont think a 26'' bike is suited for gooseberry south trail, I wont be doing this trail again without a 29er.!! Also i will ride platforms next time. i went down way to many times due to not being able to make it all the way up these intense technical faces, not having enough time to unclip and plant before crashing down backwards. lol

all the while i had fun! ive rode utah few times but nothing like this trail.

Muzik

Members who have read this thread: 0