Gooseberry Pack heat- Mtbr.com
    MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004

Gooseberry Pack heat

Fron the "Weird News" section. Heard about this on the radio in St. George this morning before returning to California tonight:

Police seek woman in shooting death
    Desert wilderness Man died of multiple gunshot wounds after confrontation
    By Lindsay Whitehurst

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 07/12/2009 04:11:11 PM MDT

A Las Vegas man found dead in southwestern Utah on Friday was shot several times in a July 7 confrontation in remote desert wilderness, police said.

Celso Ayala Avalos, 22, was driving a truck with his brother and cousin when they were confronted by several other Latino men in a white SUV in the mountainous Gooseberry Mesa area, said Washington County Chief Deputy Rob Tersigni.

Avalos' body was found by a motorist about three days later about 7 miles south of Rockville. He died of multiple gunshot wounds. His body was in an advanced state of decomposition.

Details are unclear, but Avalos was separated during the confrontation from his brother and cousin, who are both juveniles, police say.

"We're not saying whether he went willingly," or was forced, Tersigni said. The brother and cousin told police they were on Gooseberry Road between Rockville and Apple Valley, Tersigni said.

Police are investigating whether the encounter was random, as the two young relatives said, or planned. They told police they did not see Avalos killed, and were not hurt themselves.

They were left in the wilderness on foot. They hiked all night and came out on a major road in the morning, they told police.

The juveniles aren't sure whether it was State Road 9 or State Road 59. They got a ride back to Las Vegas on July 8 from a woman they described as 30 to 35 years old, driving a black car, police said.

Detectives are looking for that woman, who understood some Spanish and gave them a ride to Las Vegas. She is not a suspect, Tersigni said. Detectives are looking for her to help find out where the two men were picked up.

Officers are asking for anyone with information about the woman, the victim's truck, a silver 2003 Dodge crew cab with Nevada plates, and a white SUV driven by the other group of men, to contact detectives at 435-656-6500.

[email protected]
    If not biking, then what?

NOT Team Sanchez
    yeah, the whole area's seen a lot of frightening events lately, this spring a burned car was discovered on Smith's Mesa (Flying Monkey Trail) with a badly burnt body inside, it's still under investigation as highly suspicious. A fellow died of complications due to heat and heart problems on Little Creek, truly a sad event, then just a few days ago a body is found with gunshot wounds on Goose. two of the three are potential homicides, scary stuff..........
    I like bikes.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    yeah, the whole area's seen a lot of frightening events lately, this spring a burned car was discovered on Smith's Mesa (Flying Monkey Trail) with a badly burnt body inside, it's still under investigation as highly suspicious. A fellow died of complications due to heat and heart problems on Little Creek, truly a sad event, then just a few days ago a body is found with gunshot wounds on Goose. two of the three are potential homicides, scary stuff..........
    California is creeping up I-15... pretty soon we will have to start locking our cars!

Chuky and I had a really lame experience with some local dirtbags from Hurricane over Memorial Day while camping above Rockville. Thankfully nothing came of it although I was sure that one of the blind-drunk ****tards was going to accidentally run over us in our tent while reenacting scenes from Where's My Daughter/I Love You Man/Nobody Says That About My Mother (a very long, loud and pathetic 4AM drama in three acts) It was my first run-in in that area but I am sure it's going to get worse before it gets better.

What is wrong with people?

JMH

NOT Team Sanchez
    JMH,

What happened?
    I like bikes.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    JMH,

What happened?
    I realized my post made it sound like we had a confrontation, it didn't actually come to that. Big group of perhaps a dozen adults and children rolls in AFTER we have set up and starts partying about 25ft from us. At 10.30pm we asked if they could turn down the Pantera JUST A LITTLE. At about 12am we all hit the sack to strains of Ace of Spades or some other Motorhead tune. At 3am the huge drama started... fighting, posturing, etc. By 5am everyone was asleep but us. For a while the revving engines had me seriously concerned that one of them would rip through the trees and kill us, since they clearly didn't care or had forgotten we were there. One of the guys was named after Rayden from Mortal Kombat. Sweet.

It happens everywhere I guess, but I suppose I am spoiled by all the courteous folks around here.

NOT Team Sanchez
    HAHAHA, that sucks dude............sounds like uncle cletus and his family were out for a little fun in the "backyard/"
    I like bikes.

Bored Carp
    don't worry, the kids had their own bonfire.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    By 5am everyone was asleep but us.
    That's when you guys should have responded in kind.

Members who have read this thread: 0