Gooseberry Mesa- Mtbr.com

Thread: Gooseberry Mesa

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Gooseberry Mesa

I have a couple days off work this week and was going to head out to gooseberry mesa from Vegas to ride and camp for a couple days. I've never been and just wanted to know what the best trails are out there and any other helpful info from anyone who's been. Thanks

dedicated beater
    May 2009
    Ride them all. Seriously, there's a lot of trails down there, but there's no reason you shouldn't be able to sample everything on the mesa. If you somehow get bored up there, there's always JEM and Hurricane Rim. (thanks for hte correction shelbster15)
    Last edited by ski_adk; 10-12-2010 at 08:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Best trails at Gooseberry? Depends on your preference. Its all technical (except for the white trail which is just a dirt road). South Rim is generally considered more difficult compared to the North Rim which flows nice. As the other poster said - ride em all. Ride em in both directions. The South Rim and Hidden canyon ride very different in each direction IMHO. You can always check out Little Creek mesa as well or if you want a less technical day head down to JEM and Hurricane Rim.

I'd rather be biking...
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk
    Ride them all. Seriously, there's a lot of trails down there, but there's no reason you shouldn't be able to sample everything on the mesa. If you somehow get bored up there, there's always JEM and Virgin Rim.
    Virgin Rim is over an hour away and is beautiful singletrack, Perhaps Hurricane rim trail would be a better choice

Really I am that slow
    Hidden canyon is prob my fav bit of trail at Goose
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I always ride a figure 8 loop so I can ride hidden canyon twice. Little creek is fun but best to head there only if you know where you are going or have an experienced guide.

Wish I was there now!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    yeah careful...you can easily go off of a cliff. What ever happened to the windmill trail? Isn't that in the figure 8?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Hidden canyon is prob my fav bit of trail at Goose
    + 1

Members who have read this thread: 0