Gooseberry Conditions- Mtbr.com
    Bikes are good

Gooseberry Conditions

Heading down next week and hoping for good news in regards to conditions of this trail. Any word would be good. Thanks.

Also, other trails in this area or within a few hour drive would be good to know. Flying into Vegas and riding bootleg canyon, then to St. George.

Thanks.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I'm heading to St. George with some friends this weekend and was wondering trail conditions as well. It seems it will rain a bit , but I wonder if there is snow on the trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    We asked at a local bike shop and they said the trail was muddy and that you needed a 4x4 vehicle to get there because of the mud on the road.

We thought about biking to the trail and giving it a whirl but after thinking about it more, it really sucks when your gears stop working and your tires stop spinning because of the mud.

So we did the Barrel Roll, Sidewinder, and Black Brush trails around St George. Those were dry and perfect.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Glad to hear you found some good riding despite the rain.......the SC trails aren't too shabby either
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroliska
    We asked at a local bike shop and they said the trail was muddy and that you needed a 4x4 vehicle to get there because of the mud on the road.

We thought about biking to the trail and giving it a whirl but after thinking about it more, it really sucks when your gears stop working and your tires stop spinning because of the mud.
    You made a good choice...and one that didn't damage the road or the trail(s).

mtbr member
    From watching the radar today it seemed like sw utah got a good dose of rain and snow.
    6" here in Flagstaff. Any chance Goose and L. Creek will be rideable by the weekend? Albeit if the roads to get there are passable. The forecast is sunny thurs and fri but not much wind to help dry things out.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    From watching the radar today it seemed like sw utah got a good dose of rain and snow.
    6" here in Flagstaff. Any chance Goose and L. Creek will be rideable by the weekend? Albeit if the roads to get there are passable. The forecast is sunny thurs and fri but not much wind to help dry things out.
    Not a chance in hell. I have never seen the ground this saturated. Anything east of I-15 ispretty much out of the question. Gooseberry ad Little Creek are going to take a good dose of sun and wind for at least a solid week before they are ridable without major trail damage.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. It didn't seem like the area got more than an inch of rain but perhaps the ground couldn't absorb anymore.

What a difference rock type and clay content make. Please post up if your status changes.

Members who have read this thread: 0