Gooseberry Conditions- Mtbr.com
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009

Gooseberry Conditions

So, is the goose ridable next week? Like thursday through the weekend?

NOT Team Sanchez
    I can't guarantee that it won't be rideable, but I can come darn close......we've been pounded by rain all week with a bigger storm coming.........It's snowing on Goose as we speak.
    I like bikes.

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Probably not rideable next week then. Man, whatta bummer.

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    How are the conditions out at the Goose this week or next week?

Really I am that slow

Local in apple valley came in

Said is yard was mud today so the road is gonna be crap... better to hit hurkin rim, rockville bench, or head into StG
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for that information. I really wanna hit up Goose. I guess i'll just have to wait til' it gets better.

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G.
    Thanks for that information. I really wanna hit up Goose. I guess i'll just have to wait til' it gets better.
    as long as no big storms roll though i think mid feb is gonna be awesome up there!
    Read my BLOG!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rockville Bench (AKA slickrock swamp)

If you have never ridden the Slickrock Swamp give it a go. I think its a really under-rated under traveled trail. Its weird cause you can ride to it from the gates of zion and everyone is always sking where they can ride when they are tourists in zion. its for real give it a go you will be glad you did. I suggest using a GPS if you go alone.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

NOT Team Sanchez

true, but get informed first......

Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    If you have never ridden the Slickrock Swamp give it a go. I think its a really under-rated under traveled trail. Its weird cause you can ride to it from the gates of zion and everyone is always sking where they can ride when they are tourists in zion. its for real give it a go you will be glad you did. I suggest using a GPS if you go alone.
    SRS's existence is a fragile one......if you make too much "noise," up there we could be kicked out. I recommend you chat with the awesome guys over at the bike shop in Springdale. I'm sure Bill (furrykid here on mtbr) will set you up right
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    SRS's existence is a fragile one......if you make too much "noise," up there we could be kicked out. I recommend you chat with the awesome guys over at the bike shop in Springdale. I'm sure Bill (furrykid here on mtbr) will set you up right
    The trail re-route solved the problem with private land didn;t it? I ride there often and have never had an issue. There is now specific "BLM access parking". The old trail is not open from the old lower trailhead as that passes through private ownership lands.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    How is the mesa looking? The weather looks good for this weekend and I am thinking of coming down.

NOT Team Sanchez
    I can't make a direct comment, but I can infer from conditions here in St.George, nearly 2000 feet lower, and pretty safely say it's going to be an impasse, unless you can get on it while it's frozen........but then good luck getting out
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What exactly am I Misinformed about?

Please PM me and let me know what I wrote that you found offensive. What is it the Bike shop in Springville needs to teach me?
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Goose and LC are not going to be ridable (Feb 13-14) nor will the roads in be in any shape to support travel. Also please avoid JEM and Goulds....

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    Goose and LC are not going to be ridable (Feb 13-14) nor will the roads in be in any shape to support travel. Also please avoid JEM and Goulds....

How is it not rideable? it's all slick rock or at least most of it isn't it? just asking

mtbr member
    May 2009
    How is it not rideable? it's all slick rock or at least most of it isn't it? just asking
    Gooseberry and Little Creek are made up of "islands" of slickrock connected by dirt, sand and clay singletrack. This connecting singletrack is not wet riding friendly.There is a TON of dirt sigletrack on Gooseberry and Little Creek.

There is no slickrock on JEM, Goulds or Hurricane Rim..

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Gooseberry and Little Creek are made up of "islands" of slickrock connected by dirt, sand and clay singletrack. This connecting singletrack is not wet riding friendly.There is a TON of dirt sigletrack on Gooseberry and Little Creek.

There is no slickrock on JEM, Goulds or Hurricane Rim..
    Thanks for that info STT We will try again some other time.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    You can still have a good time here in the area "Gooseless".

Zen, Barrel Roll/Sidewinder, Prospector-Church Rocks and Rocckville Bench will keep you smiling. i know it's not "The Goose" but it still a lot of fun

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    You can still have a good time here in the area "Gooseless".

Zen, Barrel Roll/Sidewinder, Prospector-Church Rocks and Rocckville Bench will keep you smiling. i know it's not "The Goose" but it still a lot of fun
    I don't know any of those trails and would probably need a friend to show us around I'm from San Diego and i only know Goose and Moab. My next vacation will be in April maybe i can meet some cool peeps here and show us around

NOT Team Sanchez

sounds good.

I don't know any of those trails and would probably need a friend to show us around I'm from San Diego and i only know Goose and Moab. My next vacation will be in April maybe i can meet some cool peeps here and show us around
    pm when it's coming up and I'll show you some local goods such as Zen and the like
    I like bikes.

Really I am that slow
    Also down with riding w new folks!
    Read my BLOG!

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Also down with riding w new folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    pm when it's coming up and I'll show you some local goods such as Zen and the like
    I will PM both of you guys when it gets closer. Just remember me though so that when you guys get the PM, you're not all weirded out

PEACE

Members who have read this thread: 0