Gooseberry again...- Mtbr.com
    Dirtmistress

Gooseberry again...

Can any of you recommend a trail map for Gooseberry? Do I even need a map? It's been quite a few years since I did it and I heard it's changed. Is that a good thing? Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure how to get there. Also, any rides in St. George? I seem to remember someone mentioning a tough one in that area. Gooseberry will be done on Sunday coming back from BrianHead. Trail map / directional help would be great.
    WWXD.
    What would Xena do?
    She used to clean the whole trail.

mtbr member

Fun spot

I'm heading out there myself next week on the way to Moab. You don't really need a map at Goose you just have to pay attention to the paint marks on the ground and the cairns. It helps to refresh you're memory of the two options to return to you're car by checking the map at the bathroom. The other two rides I like out there are Littlecreek Mesa and Broken Mesa. to get to Littlecreek Mesa you would drive as though you were going to Gooseberry but instead of turning left off the highway to go to Goose turn right onto the dirt road allmost directly acrross the highway and stay right on the dirt road except for skiping the right where they are mining the dark gravel for the road bed, it's 3 to 5 miles on dirt to get to the trailhead but it's a fun place to ride, harder to follow than Goose when I was there last year but they have been working on it so it should be better now. Broken Mesa is in St. George and I can't remember how to get to it now but the folks at Red Rock Cyclery will help you on that one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

A good place to look.

Check www.bikerag.com Trail Reviews, Utah, Zion Area for good directions and information.

kAZ
    mtbr member
    I recommend getting a map. There's a sign map near the trailhead, but I used the map I got at Red Rock Cyclery quite a bit to get the most out of my visit. More in this thread...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=103563

Dirtmistress
    Thanks guys but..ummm..when I googled Red Rock cyclery to get the address, a place in Colorado came up and I really don't wanna go there to get info. on the trail in Utah. It'd be such a long way back. So, can you give me a phone # or address? I assume it's in St. George right?
    Thanks
    WWXD.
    What would Xena do?
    She used to clean the whole trail.

mtbr member

utahmountainbiking.com

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/ is good site for trails maps and descriptions. There is a decent map of gooseberry and links to all the trails around st. george.
    There are also some links to buy detailed maps. The trail close to town that is fun is Green Valley. Have Fun.

mtbr member

Heres what I found

Sorry I gave you the wrong name. It's not Red Rock Cyclery but Red Rock bicycle co. 446 w 100S st George Ut 84770 ph no (435)674-3185

Custom User Title
    this help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

kAZ
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmistress
    Thanks guys but..ummm..when I googled Red Rock cyclery to get the address, a place in Colorado came up and I really don't wanna go there to get info. on the trail in Utah. It'd be such a long way back. So, can you give me a phone # or address? I assume it's in St. George right?
    Thanks
    http://www.redrockbicycle.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0