goosberry camping.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

goosberry camping.

getting out of the Oregon rain. Comming to utah in 2nd week in March. Looking to spend 2 days around Goosberry/Zion. Wondering about cabin/ yurt rentals in the area, are there any? thanks.

mtbr member

camping

I was out ther last april, i searched and searched for a reasonable cabin to stay and came up empty handed. My advice is to stay in zion at the campground for cheap and take in a couple hikes in the park as well, angels landing is a must!!! or you can camp right up on gooseberry mesa for free which i will do on my next trip for sure!!

A person would think more small cabins would be around for rent but all there is are hotels and motels. I keep thinking it would be a great buisness venture to open up a small resort catering to bikers with cabins and one main shower house.

Enjoy!! it is a great place to ride!!!

bog

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by bogmonster
    My advice is to stay in zion at the campground for cheap and take in a couple hikes in the park as well, angels landing is a must!!!
    Angel's Landing is off the chains! Heh excuse the pun. That trail is so fun, but icy right now!

JMH

Feb 2007
    A couple of suggestions...you might give Jensen Property Management in St George, Utah a call they would know about any cabins available in the area. Also, the Day's Inn in Hurricane is advertising $33.95 per room. If you haven't ridden in SW Utah you might consider using mountainbikebuddies.com.

singletrack bound

Camp on the Goose

Great camping on the Mesa....Ride from camp.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Gooseberry SNOW?

St. George boyz, is there snow on the Mesa? Mr. Bigwheels and I were there a few weeks ago and GB was not that great because of the stuff.

Please Help
    BRs

mtbr member
    Good comment about snow. We went backpacking in Zion in March once, and there was snow up above the valley around Springdale. Not a lot, but certainly indicated there was snow up at Gooseberry.

If you camp in Zion, don't reserve a CG - I think the only reservable spots are at the "field" CG, closer to the Visitor's Center. The "other" CG, still within path distance of the Visitors Center, is better (sorry for the lack of details, can't recall the names). Well, then again, that time of year you might want to camp in the sunlight. We were there another time in May, and the "field" camping was unbearable with no shade.

Camping up on Gooseberry is nice - 15-20 miles of trail right from your campsite, can't beat that. It takes a good 30-45 mins. to drive up to the TH from town, so it makes sense to spend some time up there.

Feb 2007
    It has been beautiful in St George the past few weeks...certainly no snow on the Mesa. They are predicting a little rain tomorrow though. Also, one thing that no one seems to mention is that there is just one small rest room (out house) that really isn't too close to the camp spots on the mesa.

Members who have read this thread: 0