Good trails for memorial day weekend in Utah County area.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2015

Good trails for memorial day weekend in Utah County area.

I am going to be in Utah county area this weekend and really want to try and get some biking in. I know has been crappy season so far so looking for advice on any ride-able trails in Utah county area. I am willing to drive but closer is better.

mtbr member
    Try here.

It's a really good resource for finding the best trails around the state. That's the link for the Utah Valley (Provo) area.

Not sure what these recent rains/snows have done to the higher stuff, but if it's open, the American Fork Canyon stuff is really fun. I suspect it's a little early yet.

If not the stuff on the bench is decent and should be dry (although it is supposed to rain pretty much every day except for Monday IIRC).

The Corner Canyon stuff in Draper is a lot of fun also and is only a short drive over the Point of the Mountain.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The trails up American Fork Canyon are still under the USFS spring wet trails closure which basically means the trails are closed to everything but foot traffic (hiking). UDOT will be opening the SR92 road today or tomorrow but, again, the trails will remain closed. I've been up above the gates the last couple of days (and will be again this afternoon) doing trail clearing / chainsawing. The trails are saturated, muddy and have standing water in many spots, especially on SFLDC #252. So, please, don't be 'that guy' who thinks trail closures don't apply to him and will ride regardless. I will post an update as soon a the trails dry out and we can get them opened.

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    The trails up American Fork Canyon are still under the USFS spring wet trails closure which basically means the trails are closed to everything but foot traffic (hiking). UDOT will be opening the SR92 road today or tomorrow but, again, the trails will remain closed. I've been up above the gates the last couple of days (and will be again this afternoon) doing trail clearing / chainsawing. The trails are saturated, muddy and have standing water in many spots, especially on SFLDC #252. So, please, don't be 'that guy' who thinks trail closures don't apply to him and will ride regardless. I will post an update as soon a the trails dry out and we can get them opened.
    So foot traffic doesn't damage wet trails?
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    So foot traffic doesn't damage wet trails?
    My thought exactly. Why do they let hikers up there post holeing the trail surface? (Other than people who are clearing the trail and know to step off the trail in muddy spots)
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    With as much rain as we've had and are forecast to have this weekend, I don't know what will be rideable this weekend. I doubt most of Corner Canyon or Lambert is in condition to ride this weekend (although I'm sure plenty of people will ride it anyway!).

One place that usually gets less precip than everywhere on the benches is Eagle Mountain bike park out on the west side of the valley. I've found dry trails out there where everything else is wet. Not sure about current conditions, but it might be worth a look.
    '19 Ibis Ripmo
    '13 Felt Z4

Perpetual n00b
    You could go over the hill to Price and ride their sandy trails.

3937'22.1"N 11048'48.4"W
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    You could go over the hill to Price and ride their sandy trails.

3937'22.1"N 11048'48.4"W
    I'm seriously considering this, maybe Sunday and Monday?. Never ridden that area but there's some fun-looking stuff out there. Rain forecasted for Price on Saturday as well but with how sandy those trails look I imagine they'd hold up in the wet quite well.