Good Slc trails?, and people to ride with?- Mtbr.com

Sep 2007

Good Slc trails?, and people to ride with?

What are some good Slc trails around the u.. i have hit bobsled, and the i street bike park, and an awesome downhill trail in draper, any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I can't help ya with trails, but I'm moving out to SLC on May 5th and have a few riding buddies there already. Hit me up on the PM and we can arrange a ride somewhere
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

lots of Options.

Check out www.utahmountainbiking.com. Lots of trail descriptions there.
    Most of the Trails are still under snow, but will (Hopefully) be drying out in the next 30 days. You can ride the whole shoreline trail in north SLC from Ensign Peak to the Zoo. I bet the trails down cornor canyon are dry or will be soon. Clarks Ghost Falls, and the Part of the BST that is down there are all likely rideable now, I hardly ever go down there so I can't say for sure. The Trails by Jermey ranch in PC should be drying out soon. Flying Dog, 24/7, and the name of the main one that eludes me atm, are on the sunny side of town are are all great rides.
    In a few weeks you may be able to ride Muller Park, and the Millcreek Pipeline as well as the quarry trail. Once the High elevation stuff dries out there are too many trails to list.
    Don't miss the Crest, Mill D, dog lake, Mid mountain, Spiro, Spin Cycle.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I'm with a group that organizes group rides in the SLC area. It's been hit and miss with the weather, but things should pick up over the next few weeks.

our next ride is Clark's and Ghost Falls wed at 6pm.

http://www.meetup.com/Salt-Lake-City-Mountain-Biking/

primarily cross country types if that's your thing.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lee leavitt
    What are some good Slc trails around the u.. i have hit bobsled, and the i street bike park, and an awesome downhill trail in draper, any suggestions?
    What kind of riding/trail are you looking for? DH? FR? XC? I can assume that you are into the DH/FR scene, so based on that assumption, most (if not all) of the trails are too wet to ride and/or snowed in right now. That includes the Draper DH and Bobsled. Riding those trails now will only make them worse later in the season because of all the ruts, etc. Stoked you like the Draper trail though. It should only get better.

Having said that, watch the boards for more rides as the snow melts and the trails shape up. I know that theProf was out working on the Draper DH today - it is not ready yet. Not even close. So to anyone thinking of riding it, please give it at least another week - for the sake of the trail.

Sep 2007
    thanks for the info, i'll be sure to pm ya'll when i'm down. how long have you had the meet up biking group going?

Sep 2007
    when do you think it'll be finished? Didn't a group of boy scouts work on it this weekend?

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lee leavitt
    when do you think it'll be finished? Didn't a group of boy scouts work on it this weekend?
    No. Boy scouts havent worked on the Draper DH - just riders. When I said it wasnt ready yet, I meant because of the snow and water, not because of the trail. It is still being built, but people were riding it last summer. It is not ready to be ridden yet this year because of the moisture and the likelihood of damaging the trail riding it when wet.

Members who have read this thread: 0