Good news for the LCC?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good news for the LCC?

Notice I left "DH" off the title....

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Salt Lake County has received $2 million in federal funds to help restore Little Cottonwood Creek to the condition it was in before a June flood.

Emergency Services Coordinator Jeff Graviet says the county will get the money for creek restoration from the Natural Resources Conservation Service's Emergency Watershed Protection Program. The program gives grants to restore non-federal property.

Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon sought $6 million in assistance. The county is expected to get an additional $4 million later this year. Some of the funds could be available to private property owners.

Salt Lake County crews are already making temporary repairs to Little Cottonwood Creek, stabilizing slopes and making channel breaks safe.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Real link is here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12608276

DOH!
    ...Wait, I'm confused. I thought the Semi-Quasi-Independent Republic of Utah accepted funds from those in-your-face, big-government luvin, send-granny-to-the-death-panel, we-don't-want-no-STINKIN'-healthcare Washington pantywaists ONLY when it involved the bridges and roads between ski resorts and/or gun shops? What's all this about taking IRS blood money for environmental restoration?!?!??

And what self-respecting, Tea Partying "private property owner" would be caught dead accepting Obama$$$'s to help fix a problem caused by <gasp> building something near a river system known to be subject to the whims of hyperactive hydrodynamics?

Man, and I thought I understood this state. ...Wait, did you say this had something to do with a trail?

mtbr member
    Cool

Members who have read this thread: 0