Good BBQ in Panguitch (Thunder Mountain, Virgin River Rim)- Mtbr.com
    Bored Carp

Good BBQ in Panguitch (Thunder Mountain, Virgin River Rim)

Just wanted to let folks know that we had AWESOME food at the Cowboy Smoke House Cafe in Panguitch the other day. Not open on Sundays and they close for Nov-Feb but well worth the time if you are headed to or from trails in that area. The BBQ beef was to die for and the peach cobbler was killer, too. 6 bucks for the sandwich meal special.

C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Making me hungry. We need to get together with you guys and ride soon. Been on the Crest twice this week, been rather epic with the wind and the snow.

Bored Carp
    Epic and beautiful. Is the crest super snowy? Not a lot of the white stuff on Great Western yesterday...
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Fartographer
    Crest this week? I want to get a photo ride in up there before it's through. I have Wednesday afternoon/evening and Saturday open. I'd love to get some great snow ride photos.
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Bored Carp
    sounds fun, let me look into it.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I might be able to get up there tomorrow. It might be pretty deep with snow in some sections though. We hiked Alta on Sunday for some sweet pre-season boarding and there was 12-16" on the ground.

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Hey chuky - good call on the Cowboy Smoke House We ate dinner there this evening on the way back to Cedar City. No cobbler left but the beef brisket was superb and the apple pie a very acceptable follow up
    Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional

Bored Carp
    I will be sad when that place shuts for the winter. I would go there for the brisket alone.

mtbr member
    And I thank you for sending me the photo on my phone.... sorry I didn't reply, but it wouldn't have been nice, had I done so. You guys riding this weekend? I'll have my people call your people and make a plan. :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0