Going to Park city, WHat Bike to Bring?- Mtbr.com
    Living the Dream

Going to Park city, WHat Bike to Bring?

Hi all. I'm going to spend the 2nd weekend in Sept in Park City. I have a 5 Spot and a bullit with a DC Fork. Is the resort at Deer Valley fun enought to ride for 2 days or do you recommend riding the XC trails off the resort? I can pedal my bullit uphill good, so I might to 1 day at the resort & a couple of days of trails/freeride. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jan 2004

Xc

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    Hi all. I'm going to spend the 2nd weekend in Sept in Park City. I have a 5 Spot and a bullit with a DC Fork. Is the resort at Deer Valley fun enought to ride for 2 days or do you recommend riding the XC trails off the resort? I can pedal my bullit uphill good, so I might to 1 day at the resort & a couple of days of trails/freeride. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I think you would be better off bring the 5 spot. There are a lot, lot, lot of XC trails along the three resort tract ... (Deer Valley, Park City mtn resort, and The Canyons), and more trails above them, and below ... I would not want to be "limited" by the lift service at Deer Valley and the downhills associated w/ them.

The Mountain Trail Foundation Map, is the one to have ... get one now, or the second you get there.

Jan 2004
    However, the park stuff can be big and burly if you want, so if you really want to hit that hard, I'd bring the bullit. If you want to do more DH/FR type stuff, give the guys at www.go-ride.com a call and ask them what they'd recommend. If you want to just "play" at the parks and go do some XC stuff, then the 5-spot is perfect. The parks actually rent c-dale gemini's, so the 5 would handle well there too.

Living the Dream

Thanks. Are there stunts scattered around the XC trails?

Or are they hidden. Looking to do some epic rides but I'd like to hit some jumps and drops etc. Thanks for any help. Also, thanks Walt for the trail mpa info.