going to Moab- Mtbr.com

Thread: going to Moab

mtbr member

going to Moab

I and a couple friends will be in Moab in a few weeks. We're doing a Telluride to Moab hut trip and will be in Moab a couple days prior to get some rides in.
    We're arriving Friday night and have all day Saturday and a few hours Sunday morning to ride.
    None of us have ever been there.
    What "must do" trails should we plan on riding?

Thanks in advance
    -Rich

mtbr member
    ok, so I just read the sticky and some of the other postings.....guess I could have searched before posting the above question...

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by rzims
    ok, so I just read the sticky and some of the other postings.....guess I could have searched before posting the above question...

The sticky is pretty good... but it's not trip-specific of course. From what I have heard about that hut trip, you might not want to even look at your bike after you finish.

You will also get to ride Porcupine Rim anyway, which is high on everybody's list.

JMH

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Please post a trip report of your Hut to Hut ride. Telluride is so beautiful
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

mtbr member
    Despite a lot of people being down on Slickrock Trail - it's still the iconic Moab ride. Personally, I think it kicks ass and is a must do. Porcupine is the other must do... Have fun!

mtbr member
    yeah, that's why we're going to Moab first. We want to get some rides in there before we're too burnt out to even want to do it or too tired to enjoy it.

Thanks
    -Rich

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yes, you have to ride LPS and Porcupine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I did the Whole Enchilada last year and will be doing it again this year. Epic!

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by tibikeguy
    I did the Whole Enchilada last year and will be doing it again this year. Epic!
    We're heading up there in 2 or 3 weeks. Hope Burros Pass is ridable.

Anyone have current beta on the conditions up high in the La Sal's?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I would bet that Burro Pass will be sweet in a couple of weeks. They've had a lot of rain lately (monsoon season) which will magically help rid the trails of dust.
    alternate route suggestion for Burro Pass Loop: Instead of riding up Geyser rd., park at the corner of oowah lake rd. and the La Sal mtn loop rd (right before modern bridge) ride up oowah lake rd. to oowah lake, ride around right hand side of lake (boren mesa to clark lake loop tr) up past clark lake to "moonlight meadows trail which brings you to geyser pass. This gives you all singletrack (most rideable) to Geyser Pass instead of riding a fire road. Coming down take Burro Pass to Deep Creek to Burro Pass to Schuman trail
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

Members who have read this thread: 0