Glenwild conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Glenwild conditions?

Anyone know the snow conditions for the Glenwild trails? I'm pretty dialed with my winter mtb gear and it will be below freezing so mud and snow melt won't be a problem. However, I was wondering how much snow is on the trails and if it's been packed down by hikers or not.

Thanks
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    That fancy new Big Top must be burning a hole in your SPD's. At least it's light enough that you'll be able to ride on top of the snow.

mtbr member
    I had to switch to Time pedals for the winter to prevent heat damage to my carbon soled moon boots made from real bits of astronaut.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

Bored Carp

As if you don't know...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glenwild conditions?-scottmudd.jpg  

I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Oh! I'm so busted!

mtbr member
    I did get a ride in at GW this am, and it was good to go at least on the GW loop. I did not have time to check out Fly'n Dog. Everything on the west side was dry or frozen, but as the morning went on the east side was getting a bit soggy with sun exposure. It was about 9:30 when I finished my ride. If I had ridden at my usual 6:30 to 8:00 am time or even finished by 9:00 it would have still been frozen.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    On a semi-related note, rode shoreline from Hogle to Red Butte and back for a quick lunch loop - tacky, no mud, perfect weather, all goodness.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    On a semi-related note, rode shoreline from Hogle to Red Butte and back for a quick lunch loop - tacky, no mud, perfect weather, all goodness.
    Agreed. I did the other half of the shoreline down to Memory Grove. Patches of sloppy stuff, but tons of tacky hero dirt for most of the way. Sure hope the weather holds out a little longer like this...
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Members who have read this thread: 0