Gemini Trail during Jeep Week- Mtbr.com
    Green Mojo

Gemini Trail during Jeep Week

I plan to be in Moab with my son the first week of April. I have now heard this is Jeep Week. How busy will trails like Gemini be during that week? Will we still be able to shuttle and bike it, or will it be an endless stream of gas guzzling, beer drinking, jeep drivers?

I have not ridden Gemini before, but I know it is a jeep trail / road / mountain bike trail ride.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Avoid Jeep Week

Quote Originally Posted by bikerneil
    I plan to be in Moab with my son the first week of April. I have now heard this is Jeep Week. How busy will trails like Gemini be during that week? Will we still be able to shuttle and bike it, or will it be an endless stream of gas guzzling, beer drinking, jeep drivers?

I have not ridden Gemini before, but I know it is a jeep trail / road / mountain bike trail ride.

Thanks!
    Even when it isn't a Jeep festival down there there's lines of Jeeps heading out. You don't want to get stuck behind them or have to deal with them during a festival. I avoid Moab at all costs during any 4-wheel festival. And I have a 4-wheel drive truck! Try to move your trip up to be outa there before the hoards arrive. But if you get there just after they depart all the trails will be freshly torn up. Gas guzzling, beer drinking jeep drivers? You bet! No offense to any 4-wheelers reading this. I've always been treated great by any I come across while riding but it's just bothersome to have to deal with hundreds of them at once.

Members who have read this thread: 0