New addict
    Jun 2016

Fun descent trails in northern utah

I live in Eden Utah and MTB pretty regularly at some nearby trails such as Wheeler Creek, Southern Skyline, Snowbasin, Ogden Bike Park, and BST.

Im a big fan of the downhill part and honestly, that's one of the only reasons I go up in the first place.

Banked turns and flow are my favorite with some smaller jumps. Would love to hear your favorite trails for descending in Northern Utah.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I also love a good flow line and spend lots of my time riding the trails you've mentioned. If you haven't ridden up at Powder Mountain, you're missing out. They have been doing some good trail work up there and all of the trails are finally open. Ride Brim clockwise to get the best flow with berms and several small tabletops. I haven't ridden the second half of Doctors Dozen yet this year, they just opened it last week but that trail and Brittons Ribbon also have good flow.

I also really like the descent from Sardine peak ridden clockwise as well. While it's more tech than flow, it's still a fun 4ish miles of descending.

New addict
    Jun 2016
    Sounds good! Doesn't powder Mountain offer lift serviced Mountain biking?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kbat117 View Post
    Sounds good! Doesn't powder Mountain offer lift serviced Mountain biking?
    Not that I'm aware of.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Was looking for some beta in the Monte Cristo area, anyone ride Baldy Ridge, Wheat Grass Creek, or Bear Hollow Creek? Was thinking it could have some potential to shuttle from (39)Monte Cristo, or just pedal up Baldy Ridge trail from Causey Res.

Also looks like theres a trail over in Woodruff creek to Woodruff reservoir, basically anything descending off 39 from Monte Cristo would be cool(maybe).

As far as fun descending trails in northern Utah goes, the "B" is the goods. Don't venture up there too often though.

Parrish Creek from skyline is also a fun descent, was a bit overgrown but still fun, has massive potential with a little work.

Haven't ridden it but Farmington Creek maybe? looks like you can ride down to firebreak road from skyline? anyone?

mtbr member
    While Wasatch Crest to Mill is indeed a classic and Skyline pretty dang good for long, classic downhill I have to give a shout out to Logan. The trails that drop down off the Bear River Range offer some of the best downhills around. To name a few, Bunchgrass, Blind Hollow, Richard's Hollow, and Steel Hollow.