Friend heading to Moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Friend heading to Moab

One of my friends is taking a summer trip all around different states and said he was going to be in Utah for a little bit. So I convinced him to check out Moab. He doesn't have a bike though and was looking into doing a rental/tour type deal. What are some good places I can suggest to him?
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix
    One of my friends is taking a summer trip all around different states and said he was going to be in Utah for a little bit. So I convinced him to check out Moab. He doesn't have a bike though and was looking into doing a rental/tour type deal. What are some good places I can suggest to him?
    cy:

The Moab group is pretty tight lipped about mountain biking information. If your friend decides to go to Sedona, AZ on his trip just post the same basic post on the AZ forum and you will probably get 5 or 6 responses in the first couple hours.

Flagstaff is just up the road 23 miles so if it is hot in Sedona he can ride up in Flag where its 15 degrees cooler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friend heading to Moab-img_3841_2.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by traildoc; 06-13-2010 at 10:27 AM.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Cyrix - there is a Moab Trip Planner sticky at the very top of the Utah forum, check it out and see if you find anything of interest?

JMH

mtbr member
    tell him to check out chili pepper bike shop.they'll help him out.
    poison spider would also be a good spot with lots of helpful people.
    both on the main drag of moab.

pedlr
    [QUOTE=traildoc]cy:

The Moab group is pretty tight liped about mountain biking information. If your friend decides to go to Sedona, AZ on his trip just post the same basic post on the AZ forum and you will probably get 5 or 6 responses in the first couple hours.

Tight lipped??? No, we're just busy riding the best trails on the planet...
    anyway, here's a link, www.moabrentalsanddelivery.com.

This is a good service, a money saver. They only rent haro's so if your friend has another preference, he can try one of the bike shops, and I like magpie tours and treks and trails also.

mtbr member
    traildoc is anti moab

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash
    traildoc is anti moab
    It is true that my love for Moab has cooled considerably due to the BLM crackdown. It was one of my favorite riding spots for over ten years. I use to spend three months a year there.

For the first, second or even third time going there it would still be a great place to ride depending on the time of year you go. Like I have said in a previous post, I rode the Kokopelli down 12 out of 14 days.

The main difference in the two areas since they are both very scenic is the number of new fun singletrack trails THAT CAN CURRENTLY BE RIDDEN.

If you enjoy riding Hazard (right now) down a bunch then Moab is a great choice.

I am curious as to how the bike shop and shuttle owners viewed this spring turnout since the first part of the season is almost over? Did they see much of the feds stimulus or was it spent on mainly government workers to protect slickrock from ????????????? and to do the census?
    Last edited by traildoc; 06-13-2010 at 11:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Please tell me we are not going to get into a debate with TD again!!! I am quite sick of the "mine is bigger/better than yours" rhetoric!!!

That being said, Moab should definitely be on your friends list of places to visit. He will certainly not regret it. I second the Moab trip planner sticky, a lot of great info there...
    Last edited by jon.moab; 06-16-2010 at 06:25 AM.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jon.moab
    Please tell me we are not going to get into a debate with TD again!!! I am quite sick of the "mine is bigger/better than yours" rhetoric!!!

That being said, Moab should definitely be on your friends list of places to visit. He will certainly not regret it. I second the Moab trip planner sticky, a lot of great info there...
    jon:

There is really no debate. Both locations have great riding. If shuttling is your thing then Moab is definitely the place. If cool singletrack is your thing then there are other options.

Members who have read this thread: 0