FR or tech. trails in Moab?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    205

    FR or tech. trails in Moab?

    What are the most difficult trails in moab, or parts of trails?
    I'm headed there soon and looking for something exciting.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: can't get right's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by pin-it
    What are the most difficult trails in moab, or parts of trails?
    I'm headed there soon and looking for something exciting.

    I noticed you are from the District. If you have never been this side of the big mountains Moab will probably kick your arse.
    I rode out there with a guy from Virginia, big time XC/racer type, always making fun of our squishy, heavy bikes. At the 3/4 point of Porc Rim dude was curled up fetal position crying like a baby.
    I will never let him live that down.
    So why don't you start on Porc and then go do the Portal trail and give us a ride report.

  3. #3
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,389
    Slickrock trail is a must do if you got skills. I've seen it rated as a double black diamond.
    Also porcupine rim trail will test what you got.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    I noticed you are from the District. If you have never been this side of the big mountains Moab will probably kick your arse.
    I rode out there with a guy from Virginia, big time XC/racer type, always making fun of our squishy, heavy bikes. At the 3/4 point of Porc Rim dude was curled up fetal position crying like a baby.
    I will never let him live that down.
    So why don't you start on Porc and then go do the Portal trail and give us a ride report.

    Lol, I can't wait to get to Utah this summer. If you see me curled up just drop me a cold beer and leave me alone. I'll be along after a bit.

  5. #5
    Leash Law Enforcer
    Reputation: Pinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Slickrock trail is a must do if you got skills. I've seen it rated as a double black diamond.
    Double black diamond? Did I miss something last time I was out there?

  6. #6
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    Double black diamond? Did I miss something last time I was out there?
    Just saying that a map I have has it rated as such. If you go on any site they rate it as difficult.

    enough said.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipV
    Lol, I can't wait to get to Utah this summer. If you see me curled up just drop me a cold beer and leave me alone. I'll be along after a bit.
    if you do porc, add the ups/lps portions above it 1st that is the only way to do it, if the right local takes you up higher above that you get to climb at 11000 feet then enjoy a long long long way back

  8. #8
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,825

    since u asked...

    Quote Originally Posted by pin-it
    What are the most difficult trails in moab, or parts of trails?
    I'm headed there soon and looking for something exciting.
    Most techy/harderst to not as...

    1. Poison Spider Mesa tail up; Portal (insane exposure!) trail down.
    2. Amasa's Back trail up; Jackson trail (tricky to find traihead & techy singletrack) down.
    3. Entire Porcupin Rim trail (UPS/LPS)...shuttle ride...most fun in my opinion.
    4. Slick rock trail (a must if u never done it but not very techy).

    There are others but above should be more than plenty.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.