Four days in Moab...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Four days in Moab...

So it appears that the boys from the east coast, the lads from the north west lands and a couple of us degenerates from the Biggest Little City in the World are coming to Moab April 15 - 19. That gives us 3.5 days of riding.

I've been to Moab many times, but its been a few years since I have been back.

If you could give me some ideas on:
    1. Where to ride beyond Slick Rock, Amasa Back, Porcupine Rim and Poison Spider?
    2. Where is worth staying these days? Is camping still as nice as it was? Is there anything low rent/seedy we can kick back and be slackers at that will let us take our bikes in?
    3. Anything for night time entertainment? Last time the wife and I were there we found a movie theater.
    4. Eating? Where's good.

I'm planning the trip, so I am trying to keep this entertaining and stupid.

mtbr member
    1. Where to ride beyond Slick Rock, Amasa Back, Porcupine Rim and Poison Spider? - Plenty of trail around, but it depends on your riding ability and flavor of the day. Soverign Trail is a great ride, Flat Pass, Hazard Down. There are just so many online resources to find trail info.
    2. Where is worth staying these days? Is camping still as nice as it was? Is there anything low rent/seedy we can kick back and be slackers at that will let us take our bikes in? Lower end Red Rock Inn or the Lazy Lizzard Hostel. Just about every place in town is decent, but some more high end than others.
    3. Anything for night time entertainment? Last time the wife and I were there we found a movie theater. Woody Tavern and The Rio are really the only night entertainment places. Yes... we have a movie theatre.
    4. Eating? Where's good. Most places in town are decent food. Pasta J's for Italian, Center Cafe for more contemporary food, Sunset Grill.... Burger King.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

Members who have read this thread: 0