First or second week of June?- Mtbr.com
    Let's Go!

First or second week of June?

My riding friends can't get away till the first two weeks of June and I'm thinking it's going to be hellishly hot in MOAB then. Is it unridable then or unwise or both? If we shuttle only would that be the best way to go in the heat? I need to decide if this will work out soon so that my vacation plans don't get all screwed up. Thanks guys.
    TH

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

In the low 100s

Quote Originally Posted by Treadhead
    My riding friends can't get away till the first two weeks of June and I'm thinking it's going to be hellishly hot in MOAB then. Is it unridable then or unwise or both? If we shuttle only would that be the best way to go in the heat? I need to decide if this will work out soon so that my vacation plans don't get all screwed up. Thanks guys.
    TH
    Some people handle the heat better than others, some just wilt. It's not a matter of whether you can mentally tough it out, it's that some riders' bodies don't absorb the water they do take in adequately and they dehydrate without knowing it. If you really really wanted to ride then you could work it out but it's gonna be hot. I used to go third week of May but mid to high 90s got old quick. There's always the La Sals at 7000-9000 feet but that's not really riding Moab. I had a buddy who went last year in late June. It should have been 106 everyday but magically it rained and cooled things down into the low 90s. Lucky guy.

Feb 2007
    You might consider the St George area. We usually ride the hot desert rides very early in the morning, then hit Brian Head and Panguitch in the afternoon.

Members who have read this thread: 0