Finally rode Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Ogden...- Mtbr.com

Aug 2007

Smile Finally rode Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Ogden...

Okay, so maybe this should be in the "passion" forum or in a trail review, but...

Met a couple of people on the forums here, and we rode about 9 miles (?) this morning. We began the ride at Rainbow Gardens, at the entrance to Ogden Canyon. It was kind of a long climb for someone who just moved out here (thin air / altitude) and hasn't ridden much in the last 2 years, but it was worth it! The views from the top were incredible.

Some rolling, hard-packed fast sections, some pretty technical switchbacks, and some challenging rocks and obstacles too. It was an excellent 2.5 hour ride; and it gave me and my dually a nice workout. The trails were loose over hard-pack, and now I definitely know it's time to get ride of the IRC Serac XC tires...they were great on the east coast, but not great out here. Perhaps Maxxis Ignitors or WTB Exiwolfs (?).

Thanks again to MTBR members "Mr. Chad" and his wife Trisha for inviting a complete stranger (and fellow Mtn Biker) along, and showing some local hospitality. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Welcome to town! The altitude is rough at first, and takes some getting used to. Ski all winter and next year you will be golden.

Yes, Ignitors are a good XC choice for the local conditions.

JMH

Fartographer
    I haven't ridden the Shoreline Trail in Ogden yet. But I've ridden Snow Basin a couple of times and Wheeler Canyon a couple of times. Check out Wheeler Canyon for a great XC ride. It's got a lot of variety, it's super fun, and once you get through the canyon you've got a beautiful view of Snow Basin. It's a wonderful ride on a whole bunch of levels.
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I lurk at www.uutah.com and there seems to be some good people on there riding that area if anyone is looking to expand there riding partner list.

Members who have read this thread: 0