a few moab pictures- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

a few moab pictures

Here are a couple pictures of our Moab trip last weekend. We only rode saturday, but hit slickrock and porcupine rim .... due to a couple flats 4 of our riding group, including myself, didn't get down till midnight... We had tubes.. but ended up running out... so we ended up patching one tire.... we all got to ride down.. but it was definitely an experience pinning 6 or so miles in the dark.
    it was a rad trip, we took, 3 as-x's, 1 575, 1 Slayer SXC, 1 ETSX and 1 Element 50.

sugoi chairinko

Great Pics!

I was also in Moab over the weekend. My buddies and I had big plans to ride some of the classics, as it's been a while since we did anything other than race the 24 HOM. I was particularly looking forward to riding from Hazard down to Porc (skipping UPS, of course). That's been a ride I've been dying to do for a few years now. Unfortunately, I took a digger on the first day, on about mile three of the behind the rocks trail, screwing up my thumb and wrist for the entire trip. I hear the trails were in great shape, though. Seeing your pics makes me miss slickrock all the more. Thanks for the stoke!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blurredboy
    I was particularly looking forward to riding from Hazard down to Porc (skipping UPS, of course).
    this was my first time down in moab so maybe you can answer this question. does Hazard to Porcupine skip that ***** of a jeep road climb from the porcupine parking lot?

b/c if that was the case ... that'd be super rad. . . ..

if Porcupine didn't have that long climb to the descent that'd be the best.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    LPS bypasses the 4 mile climb... it stays up on the rim instead of going down Sand Flats Road to the "original" Porcupine Rim trailhead.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty
    this was my first time down in moab so maybe you can answer this question. does Hazard to Porcupine skip that ***** of a jeep road climb from the porcupine parking lot?

b/c if that was the case ... that'd be super rad. . . ..

if Porcupine didn't have that long climb to the descent that'd be the best.

Members who have read this thread: 0