Family heading to St. George...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Family heading to St. George...

...for President's Day Weekend. I want to pull in to a place late Saturday night and sleep in our van. Then wake up Sunday morning- do a sweet ride in the morning, then take my family, a wonderful wife, a seven and a five year old, on a cool little hike in the afternoon. Then I would like to camp somewhere cool Sunday night, wake up Monday morning, have a sweet MTB ride, then head back to Grand Junction about noonish.

Anybody want to help me fill in the blanks???

Thanks for your help.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Everybody knows you can park your van down by the river No, but seriously I'd recommend staying the night near the trailhead to the Zen, it might be muddy at the bottom though, there's a great little hike that's just outside Snow Canyon on the way towards Diamond Valley that the whole fam would enjoy, as for the next day I'll let someone else help ya.......I hate camping.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the help wasea04. Zen is definitely on the docket, and the hike is on the radar. I'm cool with parking the van by the river if anybody has any other suggestions for cool places to just park and set up camp. Thanks.

I'd rather be biking...
    Also, Jenny's canyon is short and sweet narrows and Johnson canyon is pretty neat to check out both are short and close to each other near the south entrance. Wasea you talking about white rim?

NOT Team Sanchez

Old Chris Farley SNL bit,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15
    Also, Jenny's canyon is short and sweet narrows and Johnson canyon is pretty neat to check out both are short and close to each other near the south entrance. Wasea you talking about white rim?

The whole van down by the river's an old Chris Farley skit, Yeah I believe it's called white rim..right near the upper parking lot for the bike path? Johnson's is cool too, I believe there's an arch back there
    I like bikes.

I'd rather be biking...
    I loved that skit from SNL. Farley made a good motivational speaker for the kids "I am 35 years old.. I am divorced.. and I live in a van down by the river! "

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    RIP Chris. That was one funny mother.

Members who have read this thread: 0