epic rides in Park City- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

epic rides in Park City

Im going to PC this July on vacation to visit some friends, will spend three days riding. I need 3 epic rides, please help? Thanks.

Ride and Smile
    1) Deer Valley -> Park City Ridge -> Mid Mountain -> Deer Valley (awesome loop)
    2) Mid Mountain -> Pinebrook -> Glenwild -> Round Valley (haven't done this one yet, it's on the list for this season)
    3) Park City to American Fork Canyon
    And there's also PC ridge down and out Mill Creek Canyon
    I hear epic and think long,

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thanks, I will check those out.

mtbr member
    Ah that should be fun. All the high stuff will be open by then too.

Here's a link to my three day trip to PC last June. A couple of pretty good 45-50 mile days are described on that post.

My suggestions:

Mid Mountain trail starting at the Canyons Resort heading towards Deer Valley then drop into town on John's Trail or Grave Digger..... Refuel and return to the Canyons via Midmountain starting at Park City Resort and climbing up Spiro. (Day one on my report above).

My day two ride was mostly all on the Deer Valley trails and was a bit more broken up and convoluted but was also a ton of fun and quite a few miles after all was said and done.

Or.... Start at PC Resort and climb up Spiro, up Thaynes Canyon to Guardsman pass then up Puke hill to the Wasatch Crest trail and follow it north to it's end and drop back down to the midmountain trail then descend down into the Canyons. If you're still feeling spunky when you reach the mm trail just follow it back across (22 miles) to Park City Resort. If you do this though you'll miss the screaming fun descent down into the Canyons via Robs'/Ambush/Holly's. Woo Hoo.

The whole place is a huge spaghetti bowl of twisty singletrack goodness. Pick up a PC trail map at Jan's or Cole Sports when you get into town and start connecting dots. The trails are all marked pretty well and the map is pretty detailed and like $2.

Enjoy. I'm jealous.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    www.utahmountainbiking.com is an excellent resource as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    .... Start at PC Resort and climb up Spiro, up Thaynes Canyon to Guardsman pass then up Puke hill to the Wasatch Crest trail and follow it north to it's end and drop back down to the midmountain trail then descend down into the Canyons. If you're still feeling spunky when you reach the mm trail just follow it back across (22 miles) to Park City Resort. If you do this though you'll miss the screaming fun descent down into the Canyons via Robs'/Ambush/Holly's. Woo Hoo.
    That is an excellent one. As well as Mid Mountain from Deer Valley to The Canyons via Park City Mountain Resort. One of my favorite little trails through millionaire Exxon-Mobil execs 3rd homes alley is Spin Cycle over in the Deer Crest area of Park City. Very fun trail, big grins

mtbr member

Look in MTBR trails, Utah, Park City

On this site, under trails , you'll find some detailed descriptions as well.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    guys

your making me hungry for the taste for dirt. will be in PC in august for a week or so during my annual 3 week road trip to the US, always factor PC in during my trips the riding is awesome, id say also factor flying dog another great ride youll have a blast which ever trail you follow

stay fast

mark

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Heading to Deer Valley next Monday. Can't wait to rent a sweet rig and do some ripping. I think I may go either IBIS Mojo or Santa Cruz Blur LT from Jans. Advice? Should I bring the Fox Flux halfie or the Specialized Deviant?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey ill also be in park city from Sunday id go with the Ibis but ill be the guy still kicking your ass on the yeti asr say hi as i pass

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_b
    Hey ill also be in park city from Sunday id go with the Ibis but ill be the guy still kicking your ass on the yeti asr say hi as i pass

Whoa! Such hostility around these parts

Everyone, watch out for Mark B! He'll be kicking all your asses before you know it

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    You better believe it through 24/7 up mid mountain then crest down sweeneys then back to the wasatch first back buys the beers see you monday

mtbr member

For those who asked...

...of the suggestions, what were the rides you liked the most?
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

a.k.a. BicycleKicks

Spiro, Deer Crest, Four Point

Quote Originally Posted by Joeboater
    ...of the suggestions, what were the rides you liked the most?
    I recently posted another thread about my epic last weekend. Do a search on my name or something to find it (titled "Pics from my quick stop in PC"). I described my route enough that you should be able to follow it with a map.

If you like fun downhills, you'd love Spiro downhill, Sunset to Deer Crest downhill, and Four Point downhill. Of course Mid Mountain and the Wasatch Crest trails are simply awesome. The downhill connector from the Crest to Mid Mountain (the one beyond the Canyons resort) was also a blast.

I think the longest lasting and most fun downhill was Spiro though... it just seeemed to go on and on and on.
    I read that on the internet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

One of my favorites. . .

. . . is to begin at Scott's Pass. Climb the access road and drop into PC, taking the Shadow Lake trail around to Keystone and down some downhillerish trail with fun additions I forget the name of. It empties out onto the Midmountain which I take over to DV. Climb up tour de suds, through the Flagstaff loops and over across the big meadow near the top of DV. Then descend through some of the great DH trails all the way to Deer Crest, taking various trails out to the Solamere loop and Lost Prospector. At Aerie Drive, cross through town to the ski resort and climb up Spiro, connecting to John's, then traversing MidMountain over to Crescent Mine grade and riding up it to the Apex trail, Shadow Lake and back to Scott's Pass.

It's a wonderful mix of climbing, descending, cross country riding, downhill technical trails, great scenery and good times!

If you're feeling extra perky, start in Millcreek Canyon at the Big Water TH, ride to Dog Lake and drop into Mill D and ascend to the Crest which you then take over to Scott's Pass and pick up on the preceding description. Then, rather than ascending back to Scott's Pass, take the MM over to the Ridge Connector by the Canyons and ascend to the top of Millcreek Canyon and descend to your car with smiles all the way.

Happy riding!

mtbr member
    we rode mid mountain from deer valley to the canyons and then hooked up with ambush down to the base of the canyons......a gas.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I was riding John's trail to Sweeney and I think I hit Spiro once. I never made it over to the Deer Valley side though. Still had a great time and Jan's was pretty helpful. The only thing that bummed me out was that I called ahead and was told I could get an IBIS but when I got there all their good bikes were rented so I had to settle for a Medium Heckler. Lesson learned to have a bike reserved! Still it was my first lift experience and I loved it. Will try to get to Utah one more time this season and hit it up.

mtbr member
    Here's a link to one I reported on over in the Passion Forum. Basically the same as the first ride I suggested in my comments above but I was having so much fun I couldn't help myself and descended clear down to the Canyons resort before climbing back up to the MM to finish the loop. About 40 miles total.

I love the sounds of those options you suggest Ucme4dk. Great way to tie into the deer valley side of things with the crest and mm.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yeah. I'm having withdrawals living in Medford, Oregon. There is good riding to the North and South, but nothing as close or as extensive as what I had out my back door in the Wasatch. Unfortunately, most of my riding was in the pre-dawn hours so I never bring a camera. The Mighty Wasatch is a great place to live.

Members who have read this thread: 0