Emigration Canyon Trail??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

New question here. Emigration Canyon Trail??

Last year someone mentioned to me that a trail was being planned that would go from Pioneer Monument State Park, up Emigration Canyon, to Little Dell Reservoir. Anyone know anything about this?

Bored Carp
    Wouldn't that be great? You would be able ride all the way to Glenwild on dirt.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    Wouldn't that be great? You would be able ride all the way to Glenwild on dirt.
    Yea, that's what I was thinking. From the lack of replies I guess it isn't so.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    There is a trail up Little Emigration Canyon. I rode it this last Sunday. Great trail with some technical spots in it. You park at Mormon Flats trail head and ride up to Big Mountain Pass.

Bored Carp
    That is the Mormon Trail. Can also be accessed from the dirt road into East Canyon, on the Jeremy Ranch side.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member

I think the plan is dead......

I remember there was some discussion, and actually there was a master plan that was developed and discussed. I think the NIMBY's were out in full force, and I don't know the current status. I looked back through some things and found this link: http://www.ldi-ut.com/projects/emigrationcanyon.htm

I never saw a final copy of the plan published, but here is a draft one:
    http://www.waterresources.slco.org/p...nDraft2005.pdf

And, from the www.friendsofemigration.org website, probably the latest update: http://www.friendsofemigration.org/T...al_1-11-06.pdf

This link has reminded me that I need to follow up with the SOC folks on what is going on with Mill-D in their plan.... no thread hijack intended. I'll call them shortly.

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProf

This link has reminded me that I need to follow up with the SOC folks on what is going on with Mill-D in their plan.... no thread hijack intended. I'll call them shortly.

When you find out, do you mind posting up their new plans in a new thread just to give an update? I'll write another letter if they haven't made any amendments to their plan.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    When you find out, do you mind posting up their new plans in a new thread just to give an update? I'll write another letter if they haven't made any amendments to their plan.
    Will do, I didn't get an opportunity yesterday but sent an e-mail request for a call today so if Lisa is in town, hopefully I'll have some news shortly.

Members who have read this thread: 0