Easy trail suggestions around Davis/Weber county?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Easy trail suggestions around Davis/Weber county?

Hey, I'm just looking for any suggestions as to a nice trail to ride around Davis or Weber counties. I'm looking for something without too much uphill riding, as I'm not in the greatest shape (yet). My brother asked if I wanted to ride up Adam's Canyon with him, and I think he's crazy. And he's not even a biker. I just can't see myself going up those sandy switchbacks and crap. I don't think I'd last 5 minutes. Anyone ridden Adam's Canyon that can comment?

I've heard about Mueller park, the Bonneville shoreline trail, and others. I've hiked most of those, but haven't ridden them. As for our skill level, I'm a beginner, mostly just ride the street commuting to work, and my brother doesn't ride. Doesn't even own a bike to my knowledge. He's going to have to borrow one. So any suggestions as to a fun, fairly easy trail to ride would be great.

Thanks!
    I need it up, you need it down. You don't see me complaining when you leave it down.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Your best bet is to go out to Antelope Island and have some fun. Now is a good time to do it, because it isn't too awfully hot. If you're lucky and there isn't too much snow this season, you'll be able to ride through the winter out there. Once you get enough miles under your belt, start riding the causeway to get a longer ride (+20 miles). You can't beat antelope for a scenic AND VERY quiet ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0